The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Piloting

Hey! I'm not even sure where to post this.. But, I'm 16 years old and currently in year 12 doing my AS Levels. In GCSE, I only managed to get C's in Physics and Maths, and that itself was a struggle, but my career aim is to become a pilot... I know to become a pilot, usually Maths and Physics is required, but i obviously couldn't take these subjects as i didnt do so well in them. Instead, i decided to choose Geography Business English Lit and Sociology. I know these aren't so relevant to piloting but i think its best to choose subjects i know i can do well in! So, now i've started looking at uni's, and Brunel Leeds etc all need Maths and Physics for the degrees such as 'Air Transport and Commercial Pilot Training'. Ive found some degrees such as 'Air transport Management' or 'Aviation Management' at Huddersfield, Loughborough and Coventry, and ive also found degrees with a bit of pilot training at New Bucks and Hertfordshire which do not require a grade in Maths and Physics... I do prefer Loughborough and stuff, but they don't offer the actual piloting training... So would a degree in aviation management really be useful to becoming a pilot? Or shall i just stick to New Bucks and Hertfordshire. Thank you!! I hope someone can head me in the right direction:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest