The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Applicants 2016/17

Hey Everyone, I am the senior student academic rep for Cardiff University.

Whether it's about student life, entry requirements, Open Days, UCAS or whatever, I will reply to all of your questions.

This is the perfect opportunity to gain advice on how to submit the perfect university application not just to us, but to anywhere.

I hope you and your friends find this useful and I look forward to reading your questions soon!

Cardiff University Academic Representative

Scroll to see replies

Please feel free to post in here what courses you've applied for.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
So who has received offers for Cardiff University so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DaisyCardiffRep

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey there,

I've received an offer to do my Master's in Digital Media from JOMEC
Original post by Punkkummander
Hey there,

I've received an offer to do my Master's in Digital Media from JOMEC

Nice, have you been to Cardiff university before?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice, have you been to Cardiff university before?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately, I'm an International applicant and haven't seen the Uni before. Would you happen to know anything about the course, Daisy?

Any key facts, personal experiences and tips would be welcome. Cheers :smile:
Original post by Punkkummander
Unfortunately, I'm an International applicant and haven't seen the Uni before. Would you happen to know anything about the course, Daisy?

Any key facts, personal experiences and tips would be welcome. Cheers :smile:

I'm not 100% on the course all info about individual courses are found online. I know more with settling in the city and university living

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! I've received an offer from Cardiff University to study Politics and Sociology, and I'm very excited! It's my first choice at this moment!
Have a couple of questions!
1) How do you rate the nightlife in Cardiff?
2) Any halls of residences you personally recommend or advise not to use?
3) Would you advise working during your first year? (Others have said that I should not)
4) What's your opinion on the athletics union? And should I get involved with it?

Thank you very much!
Original post by MitchThorngate
Hey! I've received an offer from Cardiff University to study Politics and Sociology, and I'm very excited! It's my first choice at this moment!
Have a couple of questions!
1) How do you rate the nightlife in Cardiff?
2) Any halls of residences you personally recommend or advise not to use?
3) Would you advise working during your first year? (Others have said that I should not)
4) What's your opinion on the athletics union? And should I get involved with it?

Thank you very much!

Hey Mitch,
1) nightlife is amazing in Cardiff very fun and can't get enough of it tbh.
2) halls options vary, some people want near uni, some people want brand new, some people want near shops etc it's all what your preferences are.
3) I would recommend working in the second term of first year, just settle in in first year and get to know people and the city etc.
4) definitely get involved in the athletics union especially if you're sporty. It'll help you meet loads of people too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Mitch,
2) halls options vary, some people want near uni, some people want brand new, some people want near shops etc it's all what your preferences are.
3) I would recommend working in the second term of first year, just settle in in first year and get to know people and the city etc.
4) definitely get involved in the athletics union especially if you're sporty. It'll help you meet loads of people too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great! Thank you very much for your feedback!
Hey Mitch,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where did you stay for your first hall in terms of halls? And if so, would you recommend it?
Hello,
I have applied to study English Language and Literature in September and I was wondering if you could give me some insight into how much time you get to speak to lecturers/tutors? Also would you consider lecturers as easy to get in contact with if you ever have anything which you're unsure of?
Thank you :smile:
Hi just wondering if you know, how many spaces are there for the Mental Health Nursing course? Had my interview today, I really really really hope that I get in, as I love this area of work and so dedicated towards caring for others☺️
Original post by MitchThorngate
Where did you stay for your first hall in terms of halls? And if so, would you recommend it?

Talybont north and no haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ShannonDeeley
Hello,
I have applied to study English Language and Literature in September and I was wondering if you could give me some insight into how much time you get to speak to lecturers/tutors? Also would you consider lecturers as easy to get in contact with if you ever have anything which you're unsure of?
Thank you :smile:

I think every course varies but from what I know of the top of my head everyone sees their personal tutor minimum 3 times in the year and you can personally request to see him/her more often if you need to. Definitely lecturers are easily contactable via email and very prompt in answering

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by befahn198
Hi just wondering if you know, how many spaces are there for the Mental Health Nursing course? Had my interview today, I really really really hope that I get in, as I love this area of work and so dedicated towards caring for others☺️

I'm not sure tbh you may want to check the website it may say on their how many spaces etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,
I have an unconditional offer for an Integrated Masters of Physics at Cardiff that I have accepted as my Insurance choice. Love the Uni as much (if not slightly more than) my firm choice. This might sound a bit of a random question (which you might not know that answer to) but at what point do the disability and Dyslexia Service usually want people to make contact? I do have a reason for asking this.
Hi,

I have applied to study Chemistry at Cardiff university and it is my firm choice, the university has asked for ABB with a B in chemistry. So far in AS I have gained a B in chemistry I know by the end of the year I will most likely achieve an A*A and either a C or higher in chemistry. My question is though you may not be able to answer it, and I hope this never happens if I achieve the grades A*AC with the C in chemistry; and provided the university still has places for the course would I still be accepted ? Or what is the likelihood of me still being accepted.I am pretty confident I can achieve at least a B in Chemistry it's just me being worried about the what if's.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Talybont north and no haha
Straight to the point hahaha I see! Why wouldn't you recommend it?
Hey Everyone, I am the senior student academic rep for Cardiff University.

Whether it's about student life, entry requirements, Open Days, UCAS or whatever, I will reply to all of your questions.

This is the perfect opportunity to gain advice on how to submit the perfect university application not just to us, but to anywhere.

I hope you and your friends find this useful and I look forward to reading your questions soon!

Cardiff University Academic Representative

Hi, I was wondering if you could give me some advice :smile:

Basically I've firmed Cardiff for Social Analytics & Politics back in November, but I'm beginning to think I've made a mistake in choosing a course that is not at at all creative and have started to doubt whether I'd really enjoy the course.

I've found another one that I'm getting excited about already - Journalism, Media and Sociology. I've read through all the modules and decided that I'd really enjoy it! I feel like switching to it would make me look forward to university far more and may give me the motivation I need.

The question is, can I? Would the university even let me? :smile:

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest