The Student Room Group

Should i regret losing my virginity? :/ confused. please read... pleaseeee help me...

I am a 22 y/o female. fun, outgoing cheeky and flirty personality. I have always had 'a thing' with guys.. so in some sense even though i had never done anything sexual with guys before, i had always had been 'emotionally involved' with guys. Kissing is always as far as i would go with guys..

I have always been bought up in a culture in which i always believed i would save my virginity until the day i was married.
and then i met my current bf. He is amazing. Funny and good looking. No one makes me laugh the way he does. he is totally amazing. He gets along with all my friends and most of all, he treats me amazingly well. We have the type of relationship almost anyone would dream of.

I wouldnt change ANYTHING in our relationship.. except one thing and thats the sex.
i thought that sex was meant to be a big deal? Ive lost my virginity now.. i dont feel guilt.. in fact i dont know how i feel at all. Mainly because i just dont enjoy it. i had such high expectations of what i thought i would be like that it almost dont feel like ive done anything let alone feel like ive done something bad.

i feel awful for feeling like this because i am totally in love with my bf. but the sex is just awful. he doesnt last at all.. i dont even like the oral sex he gives me! like theres no technique with how he uses his tongue (sorry if its too OTT).
He literally lasts for less then 2 minutes and thats it.

so annoyed.. for 22 years i waited.. for this?! wish i never bothered in the first place tbh.

but that being said... i do think my bf is amazing. the sex is bad... i can feel its putting a strain on our relationship because sometimes i always feel like i have an excuse to not stay at his.. cause i feel that the less number of times i have sex with him the less dissapointed i feel.

i dont know what to do. i love him, but you cant deny that sex is a big thing in relationships either..

help?

Scroll to see replies

Erm a lot of people struggle with pleasing there partner. It would be probably best to discuss with him what you like etc. For example you may like certain things better or a different way. Overtime it will get better. Is it the first time he has had sex too? If so then that is maybe the reason why he is ending so fast.

This is kind of difficult to discuss on a forum id rather do it in private message and keep it confidential aha :smile:

Lots of websites about this kind of information with relationships and lots of advice on what to do/say
Reply 2
Buy some sex books from Waterstones and study the art together.
To reply to the title of your thread - no, you shouldn't regret having sex. You clearly have really strong feelings for your boyfriend and that in itself is the foundation of an amazing relationship.

The thing that is slacking is sex but don't let it get to you too much. This is your first experience of having sex, so you might not know what you actually like and similarly, if your boyfriend masturbates too early, that might be down to lack of experience too.

I'm going to sound like I've scripted the advice of "Dear Deadrie" here but maybe it's worth communicating to your boyfriend that you're not enjoying it as much as you'd like to. Experiment both together and yourself, find what works for you and you'll find the more you experience sex and feel comfortable with it, the more likely you'll enjoy it.
(edited 8 years ago)
You lost your virginity, no point in feeling regret what's done is done.

I think you should have a talk with him. Him lasting 2 mins is him being purely selfish and it's unfair to you. Tell him what you like, you know your body best ,tell him your " spots" and teach him what to do and how to work it, communicate.
Original post by xobeauty
Him lasting 2 mins is him being purely selfish and it's unfair

Um it could have also been his first time as well which is understandable why he can't last too long but to say that its him being selfish and unfair is just plain stupidity.

Do you know how hard it is to not bust? Especially when you really love your partner...its something that you learn to surpress through time but even then its still not easy.
YHim lasting 2 mins is him being purely selfish and it's unfair to you.

Shut it, muppet. This is why people do not take relationship advice from the internet. What a bonkers concept. The guy probably is nervous, used to jacking his penis for 40 seconds in front of the PC before popping (since masturbating for guys is basically racing to the finale) and so needs to practice.

OP. First, he probably also feels insecure about finishing early and/or being bad in bed, especially if he's inexperienced. Buy a karma sutra: read/explore/learn.
More importantly, Take a little control. Communicate your wants. The sex might be crap but it sounds like you're expecting him to just be magical all by himself. Stop being so lazy and tell him. Slow it down yourself. You can make this sexy "I don't want you to cum yet. I'm not done with you *bite lip*"

First couple of times are generally pretty **** for girls unless they have an experienced and thoughtful guy with them but most have to learn to learn with their partners. Don't be put off sex because you're both noobs.

Wanting your first few times to be this unicorn experience of soul bonding is pretty naive. It's difficult enough knowing exactly how to connect with your partner on that level when you're experienced, never mind when working out the mechanics for the first time.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by trapking
Um it could have also been his first time as well which is understandable why he can't last too long but to say that its him being selfish and unfair is just plain stupidity.

Do you know how hard it is to not bust? Especially when you really love your partner...its something that you learn to surpress through time but even then its still not easy.

Original post by The Arsonist
Shut it, muppet. This is why people do not take relationship advice from the internet. What a bonkers concept. The guy probably is nervous, used to jacking his penis for 40 seconds in front of the PC before popping (since masturbating for guys is basically racing to the finale) and so needs to practice.

OP. First, he probably also feels insecure about finishing early and/or being bad in bed, especially if he's inexperienced. Buy a karma sutra: read/explore/learn.
More importantly, Take a little control. Communicate your wants. The sex might be crap but it sounds like you're expecting him to just be magical all by himself. Stop being so lazy and tell him. Slow it down yourself. You can make this sexy "I don't want you to cum yet. I'm not done with you *bite lip*"

First couple of times are generally pretty **** for girls unless they have an experienced and thoughtful guy with them but most have to learn to learn with their partners. Don't be put off sex because you're both noobs.

Wanting your first few times to be this unicorn experience of soul bonding is pretty naive. It's difficult enough knowing exactly how to connect with your partner on that level when you're experienced, never mind when working out the mechanics for the first time.

Excusseeee me.... I'm going off the info OP gave us, she never said that he was a Virgin, simmer down gawd.

And i can understand if it's his first second third time and he can't help it.... Otherwise not cool.
Original post by trapking

Isn't it mind boggling how it takes no time for a guy to bust but takes women a year and a half.. So annoying...One extreme to the other.

Let me add ( some women) before people start crying.
Excusseeee me.... I'm going off the info OP gave us, she never said that he was a Virgin, simmer down gawd.

And i can understand if it's his first second third time and he can't help it.... Otherwise not cool.

No you didn't. While she did not state he was a virgin, she never said he wasn't either. You assumed he was being selfish right off the bat. You didn't just go off what the OP said at all: You also made your own little judgments.

In the 'otherwise' scenario, we still have no idea to know whether he is 'just being selfish.' To think so is pretty naive. Maybe you don't talk to a lot of guys about this but generally speaking women are NOT very good soundboards for whether something is going well in bed. Like the OP they kinda just take it as 'crap' sex, or maybe they assume 'selfish' like you, without ever giving feedback. What's the guy supposed to do? Nobody told him any different and that 2 minutes was great for him! It's so essential that girls take a little responsibility here if they are no enjoying themselves.
(edited 8 years ago)
No you didn't. While she did not state he was a virgin, she never said he wasn't either. You assumed he was being selfish right off the bat. You didn't just go off what the OP said at all: You also made your own little judgments.

In the 'otherwise' scenario, we still have no idea to know whether he is 'just being selfish.' To think so is pretty naive. Maybe you don't talk to a lot of guys about this but generally speaking women are NOT very good soundboards for whether something is going well in bed. Like the OP they kinda just take it as 'crap' sex, or maybe they assume 'selfish' like you, without ever giving feedback. What's the guy supposed to do? Nobody told him any different and that 2 minutes was great for him! It's so essential that girls take a little responsibility here if they are no enjoying themselves.

Damn I triggered a 1 min man huh
Damn I triggered a 1 min man huh

:smile: Nice try at an ad hom attack. I just don't take well to people who go around telling people that their partners are being selfish or making bad assumptions that could ultimately ruin relationships without good basis. Of course, you realise this else you'd have argued my (valid) points.

But either way, even if I were a 1 minute man, who do you think you are? I mean, if I were, then you're being a bitch for what, exactly? Because I called you out for possibly have a bad impact on a relationship? I won't put up with your **** just because you're a girl and because you try to attack me. It's awful.

I'm perfectly secure about my sexuality and performance but lots of guys aren't and so people like you who use it as an attack infuriate me. Shameful.
Original post by Zarek
Buy some sex books from Waterstones and study the art together.

Classic student. :biggrin: :work:
:smile: Nice try at an ad hom attack. I just don't take well to people who go around telling people that their partners are being selfish or making bad assumptions that could ultimately ruin relationships without good basis. Of course, you realise this else you'd have argued my (valid) points.

But either way, even if I were a 1 minute man, who do you think you are? I mean, if I were, then you're being a bitch for what, exactly? Because I called you out for possibly have a bad impact on a relationship? I won't put up with your **** just because you're a girl and because you try to attack me. It's awful.

I'm perfectly secure about my sexuality and performance but lots of guys aren't and so people like you who use it as an attack infuriate me. Shameful.

What on earth are you going on about? Aren't you the one who called me a muffet ( whatever that means) and started with the bitchyness? I already said that if it's his first time then I can understand. Would you like me to cry him a river and feel bad for him? he got to bust his nut over and over again, they've had sex multiple times by the sounds of it.
What on earth are you going on about? Aren't you the one who called me a muffet ( whatever that means)

A muppet. :lol: British word for 'silly', basically. Watch The Muppet Show. I didn't really insult you in the first interaction and I'll consider this a cultural misunderstanding.

and started with the bitchyness? I already said that if it's his first time then I can understand. he got to bust his nut over and over again, they've had sex multiple times by the sounds of it.

You did say 'if it was his first time' AFTER I'd already called you out. I can go back and quote each comment but looking back it's clear to anybody reading that your first bit of advice was 'he lasted less than 2 minutes? clearly selfish'. Once I made a point of stating otherwise, you said 'if not virgin, then selfish' which ALSO isn't the case. They may have had sex multiple times but you have no idea why he's cumming early. You did give one bit of good advice: Communicate.

Would you like me to cry him a river and feel bad for him?

No. Tbh, I don't care how you feel. I want you to start not handing out bad advice when you don't know what's going on. There's certainly more than one explanation that isn't 'he's a selfish jerk' and these should be explored beforehand.
(edited 8 years ago)
A muppet. :lol: British word for 'silly', basically. Watch The Muppet Show. I didn't really insult you in the first interaction and I'll consider this a cultural misunderstanding.

You did say 'if it was his first time' AFTER I'd already called you out. I can go back and quote each comment but looking back it's clear to anybody reading that your first bit of advice was 'he lasted less than 2 minutes? clearly selfish'. Once I made a point of stating otherwise, you said 'if not virgin, then selfish' which ALSO isn't the case. They may have had sex multiple times but you have no idea why he's cumming early. You did give one bit of good advice: Communicate.

No. Tbh, I don't care how you feel. I want you to start not handing out bad advice when you don't know what's going on. There's certainly more than one explanation that isn't 'he's a selfish jerk' and these should be explored beforehand.

My advice is not bad, as a matter of fact I stated something that you ALSO stated. And my personal opinion shouldn't affect someone else's relationship, you'd be stupid to let it. And I believe a man who busts in two mins is being selfish to his girlfriends needs.

What can his excuse be for busting in a short amount of time after having sex multiple times?
My advice is not bad, as a matter of fact I stated something that you ALSO stated. And my personal opinion shouldn't affect someone else's relationship, you'd be stupid to.

I gave you credit for saying "Communicate." That's the good advice you gave. Ironically, even so, your advice was to communicate her 'good spots' and missed the issue.

Stop backtracking. If you truly believed that your advice doesn't matter to their relationship then why give any? Thats a ******** argument to try to climb your way out of the hole you're in.

What can his excuse be for busting in a short amount of time after having sex multiple times?

Goodness, that really is naive. Premature ejaculation has lots of potential causes. Go use google. It can inform you much better than I.

And I believe a man who busts in two mins is being selfish to his girlfriends needs.

? Seriously, go away. That doesn't even make sense. It's not like we have some magic ability to hold out for 16 hour marathons if we want just because girlfriends want us to :lol: Further, and this was my issue, he tried oral, according to the OP, but she didn't enjoy it. If he did this either before or after sex, there's no way to say he didn't try to fulfil her needs. What it does tell us is that he failed miserably and needs to learn.

I think I'm done talking to you. In all, I'm seriously unimpressed that somebody who is so uninformed and quick to judge would go around giving advice and then when that ill advice is contended resorts to insults before then trying to say "well, people shouldn't be listening to it anyway." Very good mental gymnastics but ultimately deviously trying to argue your way out of a situation you're still to admit you were wrong in. Hopefully others on the thread won't be affected by your nonsense.
I gave you credit for saying "Communicate." That's the good advice you gave. Ironically, even so, your advice was to communicate her 'good spots' and missed the issue.

Stop backtracking. If you truly believed that your advice doesn't matter to their relationship then why give any? Thats a ******** argument to try to climb your way out of the hole you're in.

Goodness, that really is naive. Premature ejaculation has lots of potential causes. Go use google. It can inform you much better than I.

? Seriously, go away. That doesn't even make sense. It's not like we have some magic ability to hold out for 16 hour marathons if we want just because girlfriends want us to :lol: Further, and this was my issue, he tried oral, according to the OP, but she didn't enjoy it. If he did this either before or after sex, there's no way to say he didn't try to fulfil her needs. What it does tell us is that he failed miserably and needs to learn.

I think I'm done talking to you. In all, I'm seriously unimpressed that somebody who is so uninformed and quick to judge would go around giving advice and then when that ill advice is contended resorts to insults before then trying to say "well, people shouldn't be listening to it anyway." Very good mental gymnastics but ultimately deviously trying to argue your way out of a situation you're still to admit you were wrong in. Hopefully others on the thread won't be affected by your nonsense.

You need to learn the difference between advice and opinion.

I'm in no hole I'm in my sweet warm bed.

My opinion was, he's being selfish. I never said anything along the lines of.. He's selfish you 'should break up with him'.... That would be giving her (bad) advice!!. Soley saying that he's being selfish is just expressing my opinion, I'm not telling her to do anything.
My advice was to communicate.

I agree they both sound like they both need to learn how to satisfy eachother. Might take more practice.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
I don't see regret helping anyone.
Just tell him he's **** in bed and ask him to work on it. Like, keep him glued to your labia until he's mastered it.
You lost your virginity, no point in feeling regret what's done is done.

I think you should have a talk with him. Him lasting 2 mins is him being purely selfish and it's unfair to you. Tell him what you like, you know your body best ,tell him your " spots" and teach him what to do and how to work it, communicate.

How does him ejaculating in 2 mins make him selfish? It's quite a common problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending