The Student Room Group

Received a conditional offer, did not meet grade requirements, still want results?

Hi everyone

I studied for exams and completed them in June 2014.

I recently received an offer from a university in London to study english lit, and i got a conditional offer, stating they want me to scan and send copies of my certificates to prove i got the grades i mentioned.

i'm really happy about getting the offer, but im a little confused.....can you please help clarify this for me?

I don't have the required grades, yet they still gave me an offer? i did decently in my english and creative writing exam. i certainly did not have enough ucas points (170 points against 260 requirement) the rest, not so much. i already did my exams and they know this, but they still want my certificates? thats not a problem, i dont mind sending them to the university, but does that mean i'm accepted anyway, if they JUST want the grades i stated on my ucas application?

I'm assuming on god's good graces they liked my personal statement. I did a couple of things to gain some experience and wrote about them, so hopefully that helped in some way.

I'm actually a little scared that they might get rid of the offer or something once i give them proof (certificates) despite me not lying about them on my ucas application at all.

has anyone ever experienced this? i'm going to call the university on monday or tuesday and ask. but im seriously confused and worried.

what do you think?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SOPHIERAD
Hi everyone

I studied for exams and completed them in June 2014.

I recently received an offer from a university in London to study english lit, and i got a conditional offer, stating they want me to scan and send copies of my certificates to prove i got the grades i mentioned.

i'm really happy about getting the offer, but im a little confused.....can you please help clarify this for me?

I don't have the required grades, yet they still gave me an offer? i did decently in my english and creative writing exam. i certainly did not have enough ucas points (170 points against 260 requirement) the rest, not so much. i already did my exams and they know this, but they still want my certificates? thats not a problem, i dont mind sending them to the university, but does that mean i'm accepted anyway, if they JUST want the grades i stated on my ucas application?

I'm assuming on god's good graces they liked my personal statement. I did a couple of things to gain some experience and wrote about them, so hopefully that helped in some way.

I'm actually a little scared that they might get rid of the offer or something once i give them proof (certificates) despite me not lying about them on my ucas application at all.

has anyone ever experienced this? i'm going to call the university on monday or tuesday and ask. but im seriously confused and worried.

what do you think?

I think you are looking for problems that don't exist. They have made you an offer for some reason because they like the look of you. It doesn't matter if you don't meet the standard offer if they have decided not to apply that to you - the ball is entirely in their court and they can do what they like. Asking to see certificates is the standard part of an unconditional offer, otherwise obviously people could claim what they liked. If you haven't lied on your application about what you have got, then they can't take away your offer. Send them what they ask for and be glad.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I think you are looking for problems that don't exist. They have made you an offer for some reason because they like the look of you. It doesn't matter if you don't meet the standard offer if they have decided not to apply that to you - the ball is entirely in their court and they can do what they like. Asking to see certificates is the standard part of an unconditional offer, otherwise obviously people could claim what they liked. If you haven't lied on your application about what you have got, then they can't take away your offer. Send them what they ask for and be glad.

thank you for your response!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending