The Student Room Group

PGCE Conditional Offer - Can I change?

Please help. When applying for my PGCE there was only one possible course that I could apply for at the university I wanted to got to. I need a flexible programme as I'm a mature student with a family and need to continue working, so I went for secondary maths and got in with a conditional offer of achieving my Maths A level. Since my acceptance (and accepting the offer) a new course has been added to the UCAS site at the same university for a Flexible PGCE in Business. It is not easily findable on the university website but if you follow the link from UCAS it does take you to a page on the website. I am now in such a predicament. Can I even apply for another course now I have accepted a place (even though its conditional) and is this course even available..... I have tried emailing but nobody has come back to me yet. Arghhhhhh.
Give the uni with the new course a call. Ask if they have space. If they don't then you'll need to think about whether you want to take a year out and reapply.

Is the course at the same university? If so, you can ask them to change you onto the new course and they may well just move you. They're not obligated to but they cannot withdraw their offer so you have nothing to lose.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15921-changing-your-mind

This is helpful ^_^
Reply 2
Original post by Neostigmine
Give the uni with the new course a call. Ask if they have space. If they don't then you'll need to think about whether you want to take a year out and reapply.

Is the course at the same university? If so, you can ask them to change you onto the new course and they may well just move you. They're not obligated to but they cannot withdraw their offer so you have nothing to lose.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15921-changing-your-mind

This is helpful ^_^

Hi, thanks for the reply, the link is really useful, Yes it is at the same university, so I am going to email the course leader tomorrow. Thanks again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending