The Student Room Group

Why do women wear high heels?

They're uncomfortable, not practical and it is not sexy.

Scroll to see replies

Some people find it comfortable (there are many types of heels), some people find it practical (to look professional in the office or at the other end of the spectrum for a night out) and many people find it sexy. Thus in the end it's up to the people who wear heels to choose, and not the opinions of people around them. :closedeyes:
Original post by Blue_Mason

I think some women want to wear them because they like them...
Reply 3
I love wearing High heels, I only wear high heels on occasions but i normally wear boots/shoes with heels. it makes me feel more girly and sexy lmao. I love it
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Blue_Mason

They are uncomfortable and impractical, but they are VERY sexy.
I spend its of money on shoes - expensive shoes are more comfortable and last longer. Almost all my shoes are heeled. Certainly all my boots are and also quite a few of my summer shoes. I find them comfortable and I think each shoe is beautiful. They make me feel happy and confident and attractive. Also I'm the shortest person in all of my friendship groups :colondollar:
Original post by Diabolus
They are uncomfortable and impractical, but they are VERY sexy.

This
I'll only wear them on a night out, being 5'1 if I don't wear them I'd get lost!
Other than that I'm in trainers all the time.
I wear them because I'm 5'10" and I love it when I get dirty looks from guys because I'm 5 inches taller than them. They make me feel powerful and confident.
I sometimes wear them, most of the time because I just liked them *shrugs*

Added bonus is that they give me more height :smile:
They make your legs and butt look nicer.

That's what heels do to me anyway..
Reply 11
If I was a girl, I would wear them :smile:
They increase height giving the illusion that the legs are longer and feet are smaller. They also cause the calf muscles to tense making the leg look more toned as a result and the whole body in better proportion.

In other words short dumpy figures look taller, much more slender and in proportion which equates to more attractive from a male perspective and boosts the female confidence to attract male partners.
Original post by Foo.mp3
This. They accentuate a woman's ankles/legs (length) and add a certain je ne sais quoi :pierre:

Especially when worn with something figure hugging. I usually find that if I wear heels I'm like 6ft and most guys find it a turn off :frown:
They prefer girls to be abit more petite than them
well they basically make us look tall and accentuate our features ( makes us more sexy :tongue:)
Original post by homeland.lsw

PRSOM
Original post by Foo.mp3
Their loss. I find big, bold, brash, and brazen women appealing, all the more so if curvy, and dressed in something figure hugging + heels :sexface:

You like Giants? I'm only 5'8 but a lot taller with heels ofcourse. The whole point of heels is to wear it with something curve hugging :tongue: how else do you get a guy to notice :wink:
To appear taller, make the legs look longer. I personally can't be f*cked with high heels, they're so uncomfortable to walk in.
Reply 18
Original post by homeland.lsw

Don't be naive
Reply 19
Original post by Foo.mp3
they do appreciate the elegance/non-male centric stylistic complementary merits of the things

But isn't that still for other people?

Quick Reply

Latest