The Student Room Group

Predictions 2016 Biology AQA GCSE

Hi!
Any predictions for Biology, Chemistry or Physics GCSE AQA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
H

Scroll to see replies

No idea, but don't they usually contain questions on basically every single topic in the specification anyway?
Reply 2
Original post by surina16
No idea, but don't they usually contain questions on basically every single topic in the specification anyway?

I guess, but I'm pretty sure that examiners use past gcse questions (e.g. from 2007) in recent GCSE papers.
By the way, are you a girl?
Original post by H.cool
I guess, but I'm pretty sure that examiners use past gcse questions (e.g. from 2007) in recent GCSE papers.
By the way, are you a girl?

true, in our mock there was a case study ish question about bladder seaweed and someone said it came up on an old paper :smile:
and yeah haha :tongue:
Reply 4
What year are you in now? 11?
Reply 5
true, in our mock there was a case study ish question about bladder seaweed and someone said it came up on an old paper :smile:
and yeah haha :tongue:

What year are you now? 11?
Original post by H.cool
What year are you now? 11?

yeah, guessing you are as well? :smile:
Hey guys :smile:

AQA have a tendency to repeat questions (i.e the bladder wrack question) - also 6 markers are vital to predict for they account for 10% of our exams - B1 I predict a bacteria/experiment question.. however they can also be amigious and thus the "method" and prove hypothesis in last years B2 which was terrible! :frown:
Reply 8
yeah, guessing you are as well? :smile:

Yeah, I am!
Surina, if that's your name, doesn't sound british...
I'm pretty sure that's an Indian name, if I am correct?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Oblivion99
Hey guys :smile:

AQA have a tendency to repeat questions (i.e the bladder wrack question) - also 6 markers are vital to predict for they account for 10% of our exams - B1 I predict a bacteria/experiment question.. however they can also be amigious and thus the "method" and prove hypothesis in last years B2 which was terrible! :frown:

Oblivion, thanks for the help. But what about B3?
Also, if you don't mind, what about Chemistry and Physics?
Could you perhaps explain this in more detail?
I REALLY want to get A*s in all my sciences.
Thanks for your time and I REALLY appreciate your help!
Original post by H.cool
Yeah, I am!
Surina, if that's your name, doesn't sound british...
I'm pretty sure that's an Indian name, if I am correct?

yeah :biggrin: what's your name?
and how are you finding year 11 so far? :redface:
Reply 11
U sound very curious!
My name is H...... (guy) and year 11 hasn't been that bad so far... just finished our mocks at school and now thinking about revising for GCSEs sometime soon.
What about you? What school do you go to? What A-Levels are you planning on taking?
Btw, how do you get those smiley faces on?!?! (sorry don't know the technical name for it!)

P.S. Sorry for the numerous questions!

(and no, I do not think that I am cool - do not want to say my real name because i know people on here...SORRY!!!!)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by H.cool
U sound very curious!
My name is H...... (guy) and year 11 hasn't been that bad so far... just finished our mocks at school and now thinking about revising for GCSEs sometime soon.
What about you? What school do you go to? What A-Levels are you planning on taking?
Btw, how do you get those smiley faces on?!?! (sorry don't know the technical name for it!)

P.S. Sorry for the numerous questions!

(and no, I do not think that I am cool - do not want to say my real name because i know people on here...SORRY!!!!)

yeah I think I'm going to start revision in march-ish. I'm taking maths, further maths, bio and chem :smile: Like you, I'd rather not state my school on here tbh :/

Spoiler

Reply 13
yeah I think I'm going to start revision in march-ish. I'm taking maths, further maths, bio and chem :smile: Like you, I'd rather not state my school on here tbh :/

Spoiler

U also sound smart, cunning and cute! :wink:
I am thinking of taking Bio, Chem, Physics and maths. Not sure about furthermaths as I am not that clever. I will probably take it but drop it after a year so that I can just stay ahead of the game as it covers maths A2 as well.
Do you by any chance want to do medicine?
Original post by H.cool
U also sound smart, cunning and cute! :wink:
I am thinking of taking Bio, Chem, Physics and maths. Not sure about furthermaths as I am not that clever. I will probably take it but drop it after a year so that I can just stay ahead of the game as it covers maths A2 as well.
Do you by any chance want to do medicine?

(Sorry for the late reply, didn't see that you quoted me :redface:)
Nah, I'm none of those things :colondollar:
Ah cool, I'd love to do physics but my school says that we have to get 7A* at gcse to do 4 A levels (excluding further maths) and it sounds like too much work because they won't let us drop it!
I'm sure you're really smart and could easily do it :biggrin: (but 5 A levels?!)

And yeah, medicine is my dream :daydreaming: but I doubt it will become a reality :/

I have a question and really need some help. I have my ISA for Biology tomorrow and have no idea what i am doing :frown:
Reply 16
i have a feeling something about carbon cycles and nitrogen cycle may come up as it wasnt in the 2015 paper
Reply 17
(Sorry for the late reply, didn't see that you quoted me :redface:)
Nah, I'm none of those things :colondollar:
Ah cool, I'd love to do physics but my school says that we have to get 7A* at gcse to do 4 A levels (excluding further maths) and it sounds like too much work because they won't let us drop it!
I'm sure you're really smart and could easily do it :biggrin: (but 5 A levels?!)

And yeah, medicine is my dream :daydreaming: but I doubt it will become a reality :/

Of course you are! :wink:
Everyone has told me (teachers and people out of school) that I only need 6 A* during GCSE but at least 3 (or 4) AAA (A) in A-level. However, all my friends you are in Y12 who want to do medicine (or have taken sciences) have got at least 7 A* and the rest A.
They won't let you drop Further maths???
Aw *shucks*:colondollar: thanks for the compliment (that is a compliment... right?! :biggrin:)
I am not quite sure what I should take, tbh. There is another guy in my class who also wants to do medicine and he's taking Bio, Chem, Geog and PSYCHOLOGY. I think that he knows if he doesn't get into medicine in the first year he can come back to i if he excels in Psychology (and the other 3 obviously). I think it acts as a "back-up", if you know what I mean.
Honestly, you'll be fine - you need to believe in yourself (sorry if that's to cheesy!) and just work hard throughout the rest of the year. Also, do not get distracted by others (if you know what I mean). I recommend revising now until the exams. I am just going over the course for all my subjects at least 4 to 6 times. Then I really know it off by heart.
If you would like some advice, then I guess you could talk to me but I may be 'wrong' as it suits different people.
you will become something one day... do you want to become a doctor or is that being too specific?)
(No worries - you must be a busy woman! :wink:)
P.S. sorry for the LONG post!
Original post by chloe jones
I have a question and really need some help. I have my ISA for Biology tomorrow and have no idea what i am doing :frown:

Honestly, don't worry about it :smile: When you go in there, you'll realise how easy they are! Most people in my class (including me) went into the ISA with very little prep - the main thing for you is completely understanding the practical you plan to write about and you can normally find a method on gcse science methods :biggrin:
I guess my main tips for the ISAs are to know your terminology quite well, and to be very specific in all of the answers that you write down - most of us lose marks for being too vague!

Good luck tomorrow :h:
Original post by uzma.29
i have a feeling something about carbon cycles and nitrogen cycle may come up as it wasnt in the 2015 paper

What even is the nitrogen cycle? :biggrin:

Quick Reply