The Student Room Group

As level psychology

Hi

Is anyone willig to say how they revised AS Psychology (I do AQA) and its reallyhard memorising all this content.

Any recommended techniques? Or useful resources even?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown:

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses. :redface:

:h:
Hi! I'm in the same position as you - studying AQA and sitting the AS exams in May.
What I'm planning on doing is going over the topics and making key notes. For studies like Asch, I'm going to write a brief summary for each - including aims, procedure, evaluation, application etc. so I know my points if there is a question on the studies. I'm going to make flashcards for key words and definitions.
Of course practicing past questions is going to be very useful, and also make sure you look at the mark schemes to make sure you know what you need to include in your answers to get top marks.
Original post by Shamim1
Hi

Is anyone willig to say how they revised AS Psychology (I do AQA) and its reallyhard memorising all this content.

Any recommended techniques? Or useful resources even?

I'm doing Psychology AQA too and its harder for the new specification because we do both the AS and A2 at the end of Year 13, correct?
All the mocks I've done so far I've been predicted B1 (A high B, near A3)
I've found myself a new way of revising and this has helped me achieve the grade i've wanted and still aiming to get (An A)
What I do is create a mindmap of the topic you're revising for (lets say conformity) and do all the AO1 points and AO3 points (just on conformity)
AO1:
Compliance-definition-example
Internalisation-definition-example
Identification -definition-example
normative social influence-definition-example
informational social influence-definition-example

AO3:
Evaluate the AO1 points so an example would be:
Normative influence has been used successfully to manipulate people to behave more responsible when it comes to energy conservation. A research that supports this is Schultz would found that hotel guest were exposed to normative message, that 75% of guests reused their towels each day, this suggest that people shape their behave out of desire to fit in with the group. (Remembered all this evaluation point but doing the mind maps- without looking at the book)
Do around 3-4 evaluation points to hit the top marks! (only for those requiring 12 marks or 16, probably even 8)

Once you've do your whole compliance mindmap, keep that neat one for future reference for yourself and get a scrap paper and redo that mindmap over and over again until all the information is stuck in your head, until you're able to recall it! Once you've done that and moved on to another topic (Variables affecting conformity) make sure you keep going back to compliance and then variables affect conformity in case you haven't forgotten any information!

Its' time consuming but worth it, do a page each day and you'll be 100% fine when it comes to exams you'll ace your way through. :smile: If you don't have time then flashcards are a good way too though the information may disappear quickly. Its like memory, maintenance rehearsal...repetition keeps information in STM but eventually such repetition will create a long-term memory, which is stored in the LTM storage.

I'm here to help if you have any other questions but this my advice.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest