The Student Room Group

Does anyone else get nightmares about results?

Every time I sit an exam or submit an essay I get horrible anxiety and sometimes have nightmares about failing everything. I submitted two 5000 word essays in January and uni didn't tell me when the results come out. Having to resit essays which are that long (not to mention will be capped at 40%) would be awful. Is there any way to curb this anxiety? I sleep with my hands balled into fists.
Reply 1
I wouldn't stress until the results come out, easier said than done I know!

I went to Uni in 2000-2003 and I occasionally get dreams where I have not revised for my finals and know I will fail (I didn't, I got a Thora which isn't great but it wasn't a fail!)

So I sympathise, exams are probably the most stressful thing in life many of us will ever have to go through!
Thanks, for me results can be a hit and miss. Sometimes they're very good and sometimes a disappointment so I can never predict what they will be.
Original post by WBZ144
Every time I sit an exam or submit an essay I get horrible anxiety and sometimes have nightmares about failing everything. I submitted two 5000 word essays in January and uni didn't tell me when the results come out. Having to resit essays which are that long (not to mention will be capped at 40%) would be awful. Is there any way to curb this anxiety? I sleep with my hands balled into fists.

what i found was I would forget the essay until my results came it's done it's in can't change it it's over.

The only nightmare I ever had about results was pretty off beat but needs a bit of background.

so here is the background in year 4 i accdently turned over 2 pages at once in an English text book not noticing i just carried on only when i realised that most people were a page behind me did I realise i paid it no mind and moved on for some reason this stayed with me.

In my dream I had to resit the whole of year 4 school uniform and all or loose my degree.see told you it was weird

any forget it once it's done move on go on holiday it will come and when it does you'll have to deal with it nothing you can do about it now.
I remember having nightmares over A-Levels. One in particular stands out where the post-man was delivering results and just missed my house out completely because my results weren't worth printing out they were so bad.

I haven't really had nightmares since regarding results but I do panic over them a lot (final year student).
Thanks everyone! Those nightmares made me chuckle a little but must have been really scary for you at the time.
Yep! Ever since GCSEs, I've had a good two or three dozen. I'm in my final year at University and sat an exam in January, I dreamt I got a result I was 'okay' with and better than I was preparing myself for. You might think, wait, that's not a nightmare, but it made me feel even worse because I knew I wouldn't achieve it. This week I found out I actually did better than the dream score! I've also had a couple talking to my dissertation supervisor and her telling me there's no way I'll pass, and that I'm writing goobledeegoop. I'm too old for this!
Reply 7
omg yes when im due to get an assignment back i ALWAYS have dreams that i get bad scores, when i wake up its a relief lol
Think about your past successes - if you remember what you are capable of, you can relax more :smile:
Thanks people, I feel a bit better now :smile:
Do I have nightmares about results? Everyday, it's called my life.

Quick Reply

Latest