The Student Room Group

The Red Light District

I'm interested in this place and i'm just wondering if anyone's been there?
There's one in pretty much every city. I've never been but my friends say that the one in Amsterdam is very depressing, with girls just in the window for you to choose. You literally have sex with them behind a curtain in this window. It's very sad apparently.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
"It's called the red light district, also known as the concrete jungle. You thought you was talking to a girl; didn't know it was a next man's uncle" -Skepta.
Reply 3
I have been to the RLD in Amsterdam a few times. What do you want to know? 😎
Reply 4
Original post by Drez999
I have been to the RLD in Amsterdam a few times. What do you want to know? 😎

Well what time do the girls come out and what time does it close? Are they attractive and is it busy?
Original post by georgiaswift
There's one in pretty much every city. I've never been but my friends say that the one in Amsterdam is very depressing, with girls just in the window for you to choose. You literally have sex with them behind a curtain in this window. It's very sad apparently.

Fixed :h:.
Original post by Age Quod Agis
Fixed :h:.

You're right actually, I'll change it now. Thanks :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Well what time do the girls come out and what time does it close? Are they attractive and is it busy?

After sunset it's usually busy and the girls are at the windows/doors. It gets busier the later it gets. Not sure what time they clock off but I've seen them as late as about 1am. There are strict rules. No pictures no vids etc. you negotiate a price for what you want. I think they make you cum as quick as possible. Anything else?
Most are attractive😎
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Drez999
After sunset it's usually busy and the girls are at the windows/doors. It gets busier the later it gets. Not sure what time they clock off but I've seen them as late as about 1am. There are strict rules. No pictures no vids etc. you negotiate a price for what you want. I think they make you cum as quick as possible. Anything else?
Most are attractive😎

I've read that the government is trying to close down most of the windows, is this true?
Reply 9
I've read that the government is trying to close down most of the windows, is this true?

It won't happen.
When are you thinking of going?
I went a few years ago.

And did the deed.

I was 19

AMA
Reply 11
I went a few years ago.

And did the deed.

I was 19

AMA

What was the 'deed', how much and how long was negotiated? I'm thinking maybe 50 euros?
Original post by Drez999
What was the 'deed', how much and how long was negotiated? I'm thinking maybe 50 euros?

50€ BJ + 2 positions 20 minutes

Is the fixed price and service. Small time negotiations are probably doable.
i stumbled into what must have been the "Red Light" district in Amsterdam; i was looking for the Rijksmuseum so i could admire the Van Goghs but must have taken a wrong turning. I needed to ask for directions and there was a lady sitting at a window who was very willing to help. There was some misunderstanding and a rather large chap emerged from next door and was very rude. I beat a hasty retreat and managed to make my way back to the railway station, by which time i was in need of a stiff one i can tell you. :eek:
Reply 14
50€ BJ + 2 positions 20 minutes

Is the fixed price and service. Small time negotiations are probably doable.

Did you feel rushed? Did it feel a bit clinical or just natural? Although I've been a few times I've never done the deed but I wonder if I or other guys might not actually be that turned on when the money has changed hands. Were you stoned or tipsy and would you do it again?
Did you visit RLD on your own or with mates?
Reply 15
Original post by the bear
i stumbled into what must have been the "Red Light" district in Amsterdam; i was looking for the Rijksmuseum so i could admire the Van Goghs but must have taken a wrong turning. I needed to ask for directions and there was a lady sitting at a window who was very willing to help. There was some misunderstanding and a rather large chap emerged from next door and was very rude. I beat a hasty retreat and managed to make my way back to the railway station, by which time i was in need of a stiff one i can tell you. :eek:

Sooo funny 😂
Original post by Drez999
Did you feel rushed? Did it feel a bit clinical or just natural? Although I've been a few times I've never done the deed but I wonder if I or other guys might not actually be that turned on when the money has changed hands. Were you stoned or tipsy and would you do it again?
Did you visit RLD on your own or with mates?

For me it felt somewhat natural. She was really hot, sweet talking and pleasantly behaved. But OTOH there was no kissing and it felt a bit 'mechanical'. Pros sex IMO is nowhere near as good as real sex because it lacks attraction and intimacy.

At best she will smile while you bang her like a sex doll. There will be no loving, smiling looks, kissing and touching.

Some guys have told me about shitty experiences where the girl clearly hates them and is obviously not enjoying the interaction.

I had some weed a few hours before so a tiny bit stoned. I have a self-rule where I would only do it if I'm currently happy with my sex life. Doing it from a position of abundance and female positivity is good. Doing it from a position of desperation could hurt your self esteem. E.g back then I'd lost my v card a few months before and was talking to a few girls back home. So I didn't feel like a creepy loser. Doing it while on a bleak dry spell would make me a bit sad I think. So maybe again dependin on how I was feeling.

I went with a group of 10 friends. They were all on the shrooms and I wasn't yet comfortable doing psychedelics at that point. Went on a cheeky 'food trip' only told like 2/3 of them.

To summarize: I had a great time but no where near as good as real sex. Others didn't like it. Don't do it if you will feel guilty or addicted.

Also the worst part is having people know, because people will judge the shite out of you. As a result I told very few people who I trust.
Reply 17
For me it felt somewhat natural. She was really hot, sweet talking and pleasantly behaved. But OTOH there was no kissing and it felt a bit 'mechanical'. Pros sex IMO is nowhere near as good as real sex because it lacks attraction and intimacy.

At best she will smile while you bang her like a sex doll. There will be no loving, smiling looks, kissing and touching.

Some guys have told me about shitty experiences where the girl clearly hates them and is obviously not enjoying the interaction.

I had some weed a few hours before so a tiny bit stoned. I have a self-rule where I would only do it if I'm currently happy with my sex life. Doing it from a position of abundance and female positivity is good. Doing it from a position of desperation could hurt your self esteem. E.g back then I'd lost my v card a few months before and was talking to a few girls back home. So I didn't feel like a creepy loser. Doing it while on a bleak dry spell would make me a bit sad I think. So maybe again dependin on how I was feeling.

I went with a group of 10 friends. They were all on the shrooms and I wasn't yet comfortable doing psychedelics at that point. Went on a cheeky 'food trip' only told like 2/3 of them.

To summarize: I had a great time but no where near as good as real sex. Others didn't like it. Don't do it if you will feel guilty or addicted.

Also the worst part is having people know, because people will judge the shite out of you. As a result I told very few people who I trust.

That's really useful info.
I'm going again in a few weeks but I doubt I will buy sex although I will probably walk through.
When I visited a couple years ago with a mate, he was sure he wanted to give it a try but when it came to it he backed out on moralistic grounds. Fool. Shame really as I could have ribbed him for years! 😎

Quick Reply

Latest