The Student Room Group

Saudi Youtubers make a video encouraging the killing of gay people.

[video="youtube;dxyVD0-6Z1E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxyVD0-6Z1E[/video]

The original video was removed. Not before...

"Suggest a way to kill Faggots"...

http://m.imgur.com/a/LnJ8h

Some of the tweets...

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

well, that's what their holy book tells them to do
Reply 2
'they're more dangerous than ISIS' :lolwut:

That's got to be one of the most stupid things I have ever heard, it is somewhat disturbing how religion can affect people so much they believe things like this.
Reply 3
Yes, Saudi Arabia is an extreme country.

Let's just remember that there are many Muslim countries around the world that aren't like Saudi Arabia.
Reply 4
Original post by sleepysnooze
well, that's what their holy book tells them to do

That's what the Bible says to do too, incidentally.
Reply 5
This is just Internet talk
Original post by offhegoes
That's what the Bible says to do too, incidentally.

they don't come from a liberal-democratic/enlightenment-based culture which has rendered religion mostly irrelevant. they come from a culture where the religion *is* the culture.
Reply 7
they don't come from a liberal-democratic/enlightenment-based culture which has rendered religion mostly irrelevant. they come from a culture where the religion *is* the culture.

Yes, as I have said Saudi Arabia is an extreme country.
it's just a prank bro
Reply 9

Wait, you're for enlightenment liberalism???

Let's just remember that there are many Muslim countries around the world that aren't like Saudi Arabia.

Actually you will struggle to find many Muslims countries where homosexuals aren't persecuted, yes Saudi is one of the most extreme but it's far from alone in it's view and there are many quotes within the Quran and especially the Hadiths that give them the ammunition they need. The only Muslim majority countries which don't persecute homosexuality have a clear separation between Church and State.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sisuphos
Wait, you're for enlightenment liberalism???

of course I am - why wouldn't any sane person be in favour of it...?
i think those guys were "joking around" ?

What do you mean by "Extreme", are you referring about "Extreme Islam"? Could you tell me what's "Extreme Islam" and what's "True Islam? The Muslim world seems to be constantly misunderstanding their "perfect" religion. What is Islam's position on homosexuality and intimate homosexual relationships?

From what I can observe from a popular and reputable Islamic cite...

"The crime of homosexuality is one of the greatest of crimes, the worst of sins and the most abhorrent of deeds, and Allaah punished those who did it in a way that He did not punish other nations....

...The Sahaabah were unanimously agreed on the execution of homosexuals, but they differed as to how they were to be executed..."

https://islamqa.info/en/38622

...In what sense? That other Muslim countries are tolerant of homosexuals and don't punish/persecute homosexuals?

As it seems the vast majority of Muslim countries punish/persecute homosexuals guilty of "homosexual acts"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/02/24/here-are-the-10-countries-where-homosexuality-may-be-punished-by-death/
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Emperor Trajan
What do you mean by "Extreme", are you referring about "Extreme Islam"? Could you tell me what's "Extreme Islam" and what's "True Islam? The Muslim world seems to be constantly misunderstanding their religion. What is Islam's position on homosexuality and intimate homosexual relationships?

From what I can observe from a popular and reputable Islamic cite...

"The crime of homosexuality is one of the greatest of crimes, the worst of sins and the most abhorrent of deeds, and Allaah punished those who did it in a way that He did not punish other nations....

...The Sahaabah were unanimously agreed on the execution of homosexuals, but they differed as to how they were to be executed..."

https://islamqa.info/en/38622

...In what sense? That other Muslim countries are tolerant of homosexuals and don't punish/persecute homosexuals?

As it seems the vast majority of Muslim countries punish/persecute homosexuals guilty of "homosexual acts"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/02/24/here-are-the-10-countries-where-homosexuality-may-be-punished-by-death/

Oh good, a long-winded reply. With quotations and a map. I was really hoping you'd use Harvard references though, to be honest.

Saudi Arabia is a country which practices an extreme form of Islam. There are a number of other countries which also practice a similarly extreme form of Islam. This is a bad thing and should be deplored abd criticised across the globe.

Most Muslim countries don't practise such an extreme form of Islam. Whilst they generally are not very tolerant towards homosexuality, it isn't a capital offence.

Of course most predominantly Christian countries have put distance between religion and state and legalised homosexual acts in most places decades ago, in some places even before I was born. Of course, this was not a decision made by the Church.

So which religion is more intolerant? Well, I'd suggest it's hard to judge when one has managed to keep an iron grip on some countries and the other no longer has such a grip.
Reply 15
Original post by Shabalala
Actually you will struggle to find many Muslims countries where homosexuals aren't persecuted, yes Saudi is one of the most extreme but it's far from alone in it's view and there are many quotes within the Quran and especially the Hadiths that give them the ammunition they need. The only Muslim majority countries which don't persecute homosexuality have a clear separation between Church and State.

So then that is a good argument for separation between church and state, agreed?

Not an argument that says Islam is more intolerant that Christianity.
Original post by SUPREME Gent
it's just a prank bro

Homophobic Prank Gone Wrong! [Gone Sexual]
Original post by Zargabaath
Homophobic Prank Gone Wrong! [Gone Sexual]

[Sword pulled]
[Almost died]
[Don't try this at home]
...Saudi Arabia is a country which practices an extreme form of Islam. There are a number of other countries which also practice a similarly extreme form of Islam. This is a bad thing and should be deplored abd criticised across the globe...

Whilst I agree with this, (since you seem to know what "extreme Islam" is) Could you perhaps answer my question? Could you tell me what's "Extreme Islam" and what's "True Islam? The Muslim world seems to be constantly misunderstanding their religion. What is Islam's position on homosexuality and intimate homosexual relationships?

Spoiler

Oh, by the way, "Harvard references"? Seems like you're looking for excuses to dismiss my post.

I referenced a credible news article and a reputable and popular Islamic cite, that sets out its position on homosexuality and on intimate homosexuals, with references to the Quran, Hadith, and the viewpoints of members of the Sahaabah and scholars. Can you counter them, with references to Islamic scripture?
Reply 19
lol as im currently living in Saudi.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending