The Student Room Group

What was the first adult/15/18 film that you ever saw?

Scroll to see replies

The Inbetweeners film- age 13- I turned around suddenly and was scarred by the sight of Simon's balls : /
The Hangover- age 13/14- this I didn't mind too much but I didn't find that funny either
My dad let me watch Batman Returns when I was 3; my mum was pissed.
The conjuring

Literally I couldn't go to sleep after watching the movie. I was so scared. I have a wardrobe near my bed and that night I kept looking towards it in case the demonic woman jumped down on me. I also have a tree in my garden and I remember having a fear of standing under the branch because I kept imagining the part when Lorraine Warren sees the demonic woman hanging from the tree.

Plus the Annabelle doll was really creepy in the movie.
Since then I have a fear of dolls.
I didn't watch anything that was rated 18 until I was 20. The first thing I watched was The L Word (TV show, not a film - I don't think I've ever watched an 18 film). The first 15 I watched was Love Actually when I was about 14. I remember being really shocked by the scenes at the beginning of the film with simulated sex.
Original post by aamirac
The Halloween series. The one that has Micheal Myers in it.

eurgh I remember watching Halloween 3 on TV on Halloween when I was younger (can't remember what age but definitely younger than 13) and just remember being creeped out by them pumpkin masks and all the worms and insects :eek3:
Original post by CrawfordDave
eurgh I remember watching Halloween 3 on TV on Halloween when I was younger (can't remember what age but definitely younger than 13) and just remember being creeped out by them pumpkin masks and all the worms and insects :eek3:

I wasn't really fazed by it up to the age of 8 so I didn't really get creeped out after that.

Oh I remember that! Yeah, they were a bit weird :s-smilie:
I saw Demolition Man on Sky Movies when I was 9 or 10, later that year I saw Terminator 2 on Channel 4 and True Lies on Sky Movies and even later I watched Goldeneye on DVD which isn't that bad for a 15. All great movies. I haven't seen any 18 rated films but I have a few on Blu-Ray which I haven't watched.
Inherently, the first age 15 rated film I perceived, was 'The Ring' - to this date, it is one of my favourite psychological horror films; alongside 'Final Destination 3' and 'Saw I'. However, regarding age 18 rated films; if I recall, the first film I watched in this age category, was 'Jackass 1'.

:tea:
Con Air when I was 10
Original Sin when I was 12
probably saw, I think I was around 9/10
Mine was the Jackass film then it first came out when I was about 5. I have a pretty chill mum and she let me watch it after school one day, carefully distracting me during the nude stuff. Then I didn't watch much else in terms of 'adult' stuff until Scream when I was 9, then that quickly became one of my favourite films. :smile:
Original post by Parvati Patil
Mine was Gremlins at 9 XD

Who would have thought those furry lil fluffballs would be rated 15

Haha, they didn't stay fluffballs for very long though except the main one gizmo. Yeah, I saw it when I was about 6 and became my favourite film as a kid back in the day.

The 18's I can recall seeing on TV were Alien, Predator, The Fly, RoboCop. They were, of course, somewhat watered down.
Oh christ Dad let me and my brother watch Predator when we were 7 and 5 respectively. Must have been scared for well over 3 months that there was an invisible predator lurking and following me around waiting for the right moment to take of the invisibility cloak. Had to have my parents accompany me outside the bathroom for ages :rofl:
I think it was Hanna. (15) it's good at describing what happens to people when a well educated young person comes of age after remaining in hiding for most of their lives but already has a big bundle of skill.
Pretty sure it was Child's Play 2I was 9Didn't go too well
Watched Child's Play 2 when I was 9 and loved it XD
Scream was the first 18 I watched... I was about 10 at the time and Scream 3 had just come out so everyone was watching the trilogy. Everyone had the masks too ... the older kids would wear the mask under a hoody and go around trying to scare the **** out of us. Fun times. 😂

I’m pretty sure the first 15 I saw was South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut upon its VHS release. I think it’s been upgraded to 18 on streaming sites though now.
Reply 57
I think the first 15 movie I watched was Just Go With It when I was 12

Quick Reply

Latest