The Student Room Group

Different modules than UCAS. Is this a big problem?

I'm taking a-level maths privately and also applied to through UCAS. I've just realised one of the math modules is different to the one I'm taking an exam on. I must of either got mixed up or changed my mind it was quite a while a go when I did the application.
IS this going to cause me huge problems? I could still take the exam of the module I entered but it will be a pain!
Original post by skeptical_john
I'm taking a-level maths privately and also applied to through UCAS. I've just realised one of the math modules is different to the one I'm taking an exam on. I must of either got mixed up or changed my mind it was quite a while a go when I did the application.
IS this going to cause me huge problems? I could still take the exam of the module I entered but it will be a pain!

Email the details to [email protected]

Once they confirm that they've updated their records, let all of your universities know about the mistake and correction.

It will cause difficulties because they won't be able to match up your results with your application on results day and that will delay confirming your status.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Email the details to [email protected]

Once they confirm that they've updated their records, let all of your universities know about the mistake and correction.

It will cause difficulties because they won't be able to match up your results with your application on results day and that will delay confirming your status.

Thanks I will do that. Could unis pull offers though? The qualification - A-Level maths - is still exactly the same it's just a change to one of the applied modules.
Original post by skeptical_john
Thanks I will do that. Could unis pull offers though? The qualification - A-Level maths - is still exactly the same it's just a change to one of the applied modules.

Well, technically they could, but they won't. It's a non-issue.

Quick Reply