The Student Room Group

How to get work done at the weekend

I live in a relatively small home, and my family are in most of the time during the weekend. It can be unbearably noisy and is not a very good work environment (even in the solace of my bedroom). I really want to get more work done but find it difficult at home. Can anyone suggest alternative places to study or how I can work through the noise?
Original post by L4_ur3n
I live in a relatively small home, and my family are in most of the time during the weekend. It can be unbearably noisy and is not a very good work environment (even in the solace of my bedroom). I really want to get more work done but find it difficult at home. Can anyone suggest alternative places to study or how I can work through the noise?

Most obvious place is the local library...
Really that or tell your family to pipe down :fuhrer:
If you are able to work with music on you can always use headphones
Reply 3
Away from TSR?

Only joking, but really the best place to go to is likely to be a library if you have one that is local.
Reply 4
Original post by samb1234
If you are able to work with music on you can always use headphones

Or earmuffs.
Reply 5
Library is probably your best option however you can go to a friends house? or the local café? Or your college/uni if it's open on weekends?
Original post by Larissa.M
Library is probably your best option however you can go to a friends house? or the local café? Or your college/uni if it's open on weekends?

I would find that a friends house may be more distracting because you may find yourself just talking to your friend or whatever...
yeah a cafe is good,

Quick Reply

Latest