The Student Room Group

Nervous about my second driving test :/

I've been taking driving lessons for over 20 months it would've took me a lot faster if I actually bothered about my theory but I just passed that last October 17 months after I started driving lessons. I had 2 instructors the first I binned off around this time last year because he was a bully always criticised me, and so unprofessional but the instructor I have now is really professional, gentle and all round a nice guy and he always give me confidence even when I feel down.

I'm really nervous about my second driving test on 15th February 1:35pm and yes I failed it the first time on 25th November 2015 8:15am with 4 majors and a good number of minors but 4 manjors ive got are (clearance/obstruction x2, examiner applying the breaks because I don't give priority to a can on a narrow residential road and driving on the wrong side of the road at the end).

The examiner I was meant to have no that day called in sick so I've been giving a replacement examiner who mainly does the motorbike lessons. I have to say based on my experience the examiner I had for my test was extremely moody, no personality unfriendly and intimidating from the start to finish. At the end of the test the examiner is supposed to go through your results in a constructive calm maanner but not him he just literally bashed, ranted and yelled right down my throat with all the throats as if like I shouldn't be on the road. I have really bad anger issues along with having Aspergers Syndrome I was tempted to yell back at it him I've even had thoughts punching him but I tried my best to remain calm also it would be so wrong for 21 year old me assault a guy in his 50s/60s so instead I just burst into tears in front of my instructor but he said me the examiner I had was the odd one of them all and it's very likely I'll have him again. He also said that what happened was just unfortunate and I let pressure took over me.

Before I went for my first driving test I was so overly confident that I thought I was going to pass with no minors due to fact I had so much driving expience but now I feel less confidence and I've became very cautious with y driving lately. I honestly sick wasting money on driving lesson, I just want to pass and drive by myself and drive in my own style. It would mean so much if you could comment advice you'd give me for my nextdeiving test and even it would be even better if you also give me advice on what food I should eat before on day I go for my test.
To be honest, the fact that you're worried suggests that you will drive so carefully this time you can't fail. Just make sure nerves don't get the better of you on the day.

Practice, remind yourself you are good, ask for a mock exam.

Eat a good breakfast, avoid dairy if you feel sick. Something slow releasing carby - rolled oats, porridge, wholewheat toast, will stop you feeling shaky.

Good luck. They're scary but you can do it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending