The Student Room Group

I messed up

EDIT: She has now said we can start over but seems to be playing a little hard to get and seems to be sort of ignoring me, is this her way of testing whether i react how i did before?

So I met this girl a week ago and we starting texting , she would text first near enough every day and then proceed to text me all day, she is insecure and shes told me that herself but in the last week I've been talking to her she seems like she is a really great person. To cut a long story short we had both said we like each other, but she was getting harassed by her ex which confused here and then led to it putting doubts in my mind to the point where I was drunk and i told her i had been texting other girls and then confessing my un dying love for her (bearing in mind she was always taking to the ex), as you can tell she got pretty mad that i said id been texting people, but it was a kick in the teeth when she seemed more invested in him sometimes than me. I realise now that it was a big mistake as it had only been a week but what can you do, lol. I was insecure and I almost definitely came across as too easy to get, desperate whatever you like, that was me, I just want to get her back to liking me again. She is going on holiday next week, How long shall I wait till I contact her
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Drink destroys yet another link...
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
Drink destroys yet another link...

:frown: It wasn't just me, she was drunk too
Original post by bobding123
:frown: It wasn't just me, she was drunk too

When? Either way this is out of your control, the best you can do is to not contact her for at least 24 hours, then apologise.
Reply 4
Original post by shawn_o1
When? Either way this is out of your control, the best you can do is to not contact her for at least 24 hours, then apologise.

Last night, She was texting me because she couldnt go out with everyone else but was then tweeting that she was bore. I thought fair enough, its probably because i was giving one word answers to her but she then kept moaning how she's sent pics to her ex of her new clothes and he didnt answer which pissed her off. Dont get me wrong, i definitely came on incredibly strong but why say you like someone then do all that
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Argument with my now-ex required 29 days before we talked, and we're already friends again...

Time heals wounds pretty damn well.
Reply 6
Original post by Alexion
Argument with my now-ex required 29 days before we talked, and we're already friends again...

Time heals wounds pretty damn well.

Shes going away at the end of this week for a week so i dont know what to do, i dont want to be friends with her, it may sound a bit weird but it really seemed like there was something there that there hasnt been in a while, at least for me
Reply 7
Shes going away at the end of this week for a week so i dont know what to do, i dont want to be friends with her, it may sound a bit weird but it really seemed like there was something there that there hasnt been in a while, at least for me

Considering you've only known her for a week, I'd apologise soon. If she won't take that, then she's probably written you off as a hopeless case (as harsh as that sounds).

You still don't know each other that well, and considering you've already ****ed up, I don't think that's the best impression...

So yeah, try apologising, but by the time she comes back from her holiday it may be too late :/
Reply 8
Original post by Alexion
Considering you've only known her for a week, I'd apologise soon. If she won't take that, then she's probably written you off as a hopeless case (as harsh as that sounds).

You still don't know each other that well, and considering you've already ****ed up, I don't think that's the best impression...

So yeah, try apologising, but by the time she comes back from her holiday it may be too late :/

I apologised as soon as it happened, i just dont know what to do, she said before that its difficult for her to open to people and shes insecure but the second i say anything about her being in the wrong as well as me she gets angry and ignored me
Reply 9
I apologised as soon as it happened, i just dont know what to do, she said before that its difficult for her to open to people and shes insecure but the second i say anything about her being in the wrong as well as me she gets angry and ignored me

Let me tell you exactly how I see this:

- you met a week ago. It's way too early for you to "confess undying love" like you said you did.

- you were both drunk. She's under pressure from her ex, but you confess to actively texting other girls; sounding angry and possessive and like you're trying to swipe out at her.

- when she gets a little upset by the fact that you've basically just called her an option, you try to shift the blame onto her because she's still working things out in her previous relationship. She's already upset, getting mad at her too obviously isn't a good idea...

You haven't known her for very long, and it sounds like the impression of you she's got is that you're desperate, jealous, and short-tempered. She's going to need time and you're going to need a serious apology if you want to work things out here.
Reply 10
Original post by Alexion
Let me tell you exactly how I see this:

- you met a week ago. It's way too early for you to "confess undying love" like you said you did.

- you were both drunk. She's under pressure from her ex, but you confess to actively texting other girls; sounding angry and possessive and like you're trying to swipe out at her.

- when she gets a little upset by the fact that you've basically just called her an option, you try to shift the blame onto her because she's still working things out in her previous relationship. She's already upset, getting mad at her too obviously isn't a good idea...

You haven't known her for very long, and it sounds like the impression of you she's got is that you're desperate, jealous, and short-tempered. She's going to need time and you're going to need a serious apology if you want to work things out here.

I know and i didn't mean literally, i told her that i was really starting to like her, like everything about her and i've already said that i was in the wrong, the question for me is how long do i wait and how exactly do i apologize more than i already have, wouldnt it make me seem even more desperate if i text her again before she texts me?
I know and i didn't mean literally, i told her that i was really starting to like her, like everything about her and i've already said that i was in the wrong, the question for me is how long do i wait and how exactly do i apologize more than i already have, wouldnt it make me seem even more desperate if i text her again before she texts me?

How long ago was it that this went down?
Reply 12
Original post by Alexion
How long ago was it that this went down?

Literally like 12:30 this morning
Literally like 12:30 this morning

Oh damn

Wait a couple of days. As I said before, time is the best medicine. Then you want a genuine apology like:

"Look. I know what I did makes me seem like a ****. I can barely forgive myself for what I said, so I don't expect you to just drop this. But I really do care about you. We haven't known each other long, but in that time, I really feel..." etc. etc.

Be honest.
Reply 14
Original post by Alexion
Oh damn

Wait a couple of days. As I said before, time is the best medicine. Then you want a genuine apology like:

"Look. I know what I did makes me seem like a ****. I can barely forgive myself for what I said, so I don't expect you to just drop this. But I really do care about you. We haven't known each other long, but in that time, I really feel..." etc. etc.

Be honest.

So when do i text? Tonight? Tomorrow? Ive even seen online people say to leave it two weeks. The only thing making me want to text her is the fact that she always used to moan how she felt alone and the fact that she got pissed he ex didnt reply to her
So I met this girl a week ago and we starting texting , she would text first near enough every day and then proceed to text me all day, she is insecure and shes told me that herself but in the last week I've been talking to her she seems like she is a really great person. To cut a long story short we had both said we like each other, but she was getting harassed by her ex which confused here and then led to it putting doubts in my mind to the point where I was drunk and i told her i had been texting other girls and then confessing my un dying love for her (bearing in mind she was always taking to the ex), as you can tell she got pretty mad that i said id been texting people, but it was a kick in the teeth when she seemed more invested in him sometimes than me. I realise now that it was a big mistake as it had only been a week but what can you do, lol. I was insecure and I almost definitely came across as too easy to get, desperate whatever you like, that was me, I just want to get her back to liking me again. She is going on holiday next week, How long shall I wait till I contact her

This entire situation is just a plain mess and I think you should just move on and forget about it.

You're both being immature and playing games.

You are playing games by:

-giving one word answer texts because you're annoyed.
-trying to make her jealous because you were mad about her speaking to her ex more than you.
-confessing "undying love" for someone you barely know.

And she is playing games and being immature by:

-being pissed off that you are speaking to other girls despite her only knowing you a week and you not being in a relationship with her.
-Going on about her ex and clearly still into him and emotionally attached to him yet still pursuing you.
-also likely trying to make you jealous with her ex talk.

You've known each other a week and you're already arguing about stuff that shouldn't have even become an issue.

Please just stop, move on and mature before you pursue dating. And don't pursue someone who is clearly still pining over their ex, it'll just get you hurt.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by SophieSmall
This entire situation is just a plain mess and I think you should just move on and forget about it.

You're both being immature and playing games.

You are playing games by:

-giving one word answer texts because you're annoyed.
-trying to make her jealous because you were mad about her speaking to her ex more than you.
-confessing "undying love" for someone you barely know.

And she is playing games and being immature by:

-being pissed off that you are speaking to other girls despite her only knowing you a week and you not being in a relationship with her.
-Going on about her ex and clearly still into him and emotionally attached to him yet still pursuing you.
-also likely trying to make you jealous with her ex talk.

You've known each other a week and you're already arguing about stuff that shouldn't have even become an issue.

Please just stop, move on and mature before you pursue dating. And don't pursue someone who is clearly still pining over their ex, it'll just get you hurt.

I agree the whole situation is a mess but i really did feel something there when we spoke, she must of too otherwise why say she liked me? I just feel like if she actually spoke to me about things then we would be able to sort the problem, either one way or the other. I just really dont know where to start when trying to talk to her again
I agree the whole situation is a mess but i really did feel something there when we spoke, she must of too otherwise why say she liked me? I just feel like if she actually spoke to me about things then we would be able to sort the problem, either one way or the other. I just really dont know where to start when trying to talk to her again

I agree talking to one another properly and maturely could solve a lot of these issues. But I still see her and her ex as a massive red flag and I really don't advise you pursue her if she is still not over her ex, trust me you don't want to be a re-bound.
Reply 18
Original post by SophieSmall
I agree talking to one another properly and maturely could solve a lot of these issues. But I still see her and her ex as a massive red flag and I really don't advise you pursue her if she is still not over her ex, trust me you don't want to be a re-bound.

I agree its a massive problem but she says she really wants to get over him and i am a strong believer that you never truly stop loving any of your past partners
I agree its a massive problem but she says she really wants to get over him and i am a strong believer that you never truly stop loving any of your past partners

Wanting to get over someone and being over someone are worlds apart.

And fair enough believe what you want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending