The Student Room Group

An inspector calls/of mice and men notes?

I will giv u rep, pls can someone send me of mice and men and an inspector calls notes?
Reply 1
Depends what you are looking for?

Revision? - Both of these fall into many different themes and ideas, the notes and revision can be personal as each student will infer the text differently :smile:

Revision for these is endless.

What are you looking for? Just general plot ideas?

- IXDESIGN
Reply 2
Original post by IXDESIGN
Depends what you are looking for?

Revision? - Both of these fall into many different themes and ideas, the notes and revision can be personal as each student will infer the text differently :smile:

Revision for these is endless.

What are you looking for? Just general plot ideas?

- IXDESIGN

Thank you so much for replying! Pretty much anything tbh aha :smile: I just need any notes because I dont have any myself :frown: Impotent revision, i know :tongue:
Use the Bitesise website and Mr Bruff's youtube channel. His videos are pretty helpful :tongue:
And Bitesize is detailed for each character and theme so you can create mind-maps etc. or just print the notes out :smile:
Reply 4
I will provide you with some ground ideas:

Have you read both texts? I suggest 3 times each before your exam - this will help you be familiar with the text and easily navigate the pages you need according the question asked.

Here is a link for the basic An Inspector Calls notes: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/english_literature/dramainspectorcalls/

This provides you with material that you can easily revise from and answer basic questions - using these notes try and practice essay questions on different characters. I think this link also provides videos which can be another relaxing way to revise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vukp3EFVweQ - Here is the performance, watch this a few times.

Here is an example of the ideas for one character from a popular lecture by Mr.Bruff - I highly recommend watching all these videos to aid you with your exam - he will help you explore the text in many ways, e.g: different themes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTZNqCFC3yA

I hope this helped :smile: - Let me know when you need Of Mice and Men notes!
Reply 5
Original post by hxfsxh
Use the Bitesise website and Mr Bruff's youtube channel. His videos are pretty helpful :tongue:
And Bitesize is detailed for each character and theme so you can create mind-maps etc. or just print the notes out :smile:

True and Mr Bruff is amazing but he doesent go indepth and enquire other plots/contexts of the story itself which I want :frown: Bitesize is too brief.
Original post by Adzkii786
True and Mr Bruff is amazing but he doesent go indepth and enquire other plots/contexts of the story itself which I want :frown: Bitesize is too brief.

If Bitesize is too brief for you then buy the CGP guides. They cover exam techniques, themes, context, characters, plot, subtleties etc.
Reply 7
The best revision guides are york notes for in depth revision but for the very best grades you need to be able to pick quotes and give your personal response which involves a unique analysis rather than relying on a revision guide.
I will giv u rep, pls can someone send me of mice and men and an inspector calls notes?

All I have is Contextual notes
It does have some quotes from Steinbeck himself which I was told gets you top marks so hopefully this will help you
:wink:
Reply 10
Original post by cheeseisveg
all i have is contextual notes
it does have some quotes from steinbeck himself which i was told gets you top marks so hopefully this will help you
:wink:

thank you so much!!!!
Reply 11
Original post by ravioliyears
@adzkii786 hope this helps.

thank you so much!!!
thank you so much!!!

That's alright :smile: no need to thank me
thank you so much!!!!

Anytime