The Student Room Group

Does anyone else think weed is stupid?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ShannyMorrison
Like, what's the point?

It's overrated, expensive, smells awful, doesn't even have any effect (on me)?

The only benefit I can see from it is that it lowers obesity rates.

What's the point of patterned socks?
drugs are a mug's game
Original post by GraphicDesign18

Drug users, alcohol consumers, smokers, slags and players are all bad, insecure, boring attention seekers. They all started for the same reason 'everybody else does it'.

A rather narrow minded response.
Reply 23
Back in the day I used to love getting high, it feels so good and gets rid of emotional pain. There's contradicting evidence on whether weed is good or bad for you.
Original post by TSRFT8
Smoking weed daily or on most day does make you a junkie...

why? You have no idea why you even think this really. Weed has been painted as a big horrible drug in your mind because it is illegal. Go read Prof. Nutt's material on why it's criminal status is essentially a load of ****, and the various other scientific studies showing just that. I suppose someone who drinks a couple cups of coffee everyday is also a junkie yeah?
Original post by GraphicDesign18
Since it was classified as a drug and by defenition a junkie is somebody who takes drugs....obviously.

Weed doesnt effect weight, you can be thin with no appatite and smoke weed, be a body builder and smoke week or be a greedy overweight person and smoke weed.

Drug users, alcohol consumers, smokers, slags and players are all bad, insecure, boring attention seekers. They all started for the same reason 'everybody else does it'.

There is no cure for cancer. Weed will not help it. If your dying then your dying. Its not fairy dust its filth. Why would they want you to gain weight when having cancer- fat cancer isnt any better than thin cancer- its just as terminal size 8 or size 16.

I don't understand how people as stupid as you can exist. I can only assume that you're very young and ignorant. Recent studies have shown that weed can help people lose weight. Addiction is incredibly complex and saying drug users started because "everybody else does it" really betrays how narrow-minded and naive you really are.
weed is great - it's medical *and* recreational value is great. I'd much rather have a quiet night in by myself with a joint if I'm feeling blue than go out and drink socially. weed isn't an "ordeal" like a lot of drugs, unless you smoke crazy and clumsy amounts. too much alcohol can make you insane and give you a hangover. too much LSD can turn you berserk and googly eyed for about 24 hours (I once took alcohol, weed, lsd and mdma all at once and the effects lasted for *days*. stupid choice). too much weed will just put you to sleep (at least that's what happens for me)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by the bear
drugs are a mug's game

a "mug"? how about a mug of good ol' caffeine-filled coffee to begin your day? how about a paracetamol capsule for that headache? how about a glass of wine in the evening? drugs drugs drugs
Na weed's aight. Its a welcome break from revising lmao
I personally think weed has the potential to be awesome - medically, for example with migraines and epilepsy.

I have nothing against recreational users at least they don't get drunk and start causing **** on the streets, never heard of an abusive "weed-smoking" parent whose abusiveness was caused by getting high either ...
Original post by sleepysnooze
a "mug"? how about a mug of good ol' caffeine-filled coffee to begin your day? how about a paracetamol capsule for that headache? how about a glass of wine in the evening? drugs drugs drugs

Original post by alkaline.
I personally think weed has the potential to be awesome - medically, for example with migraines and epilepsy.

I have nothing against recreational users at least they don't get drunk and start causing **** on the streets, never heard of an abusive "weed-smoking" parent whose abusiveness was caused by getting high either ...

Im all for weed, but the second thing you said is not true.
I live in a council estate, and there are quite a few single mums who abuse their kids all the time, whilst high. Getting high stops them from taking care of their kids properly.
My neighbours kids have had to sleep over at out house a few times, cuz theyre mum wont open the door when she is high :frown:
Original post by mutantman52
Im all for weed, but the second thing you said is not true.
I live in a council estate, and there are quite a few single mums who abuse their kids all the time, whilst high. Getting high stops them from taking care of their kids properly.
My neighbours kids have had to sleep over at out house a few times, cuz theyre mum wont open the door when she is high :frown:

oh well that sucks :/

lmao their mum won't open the door when she's high, other than that - **** that sounds bad, yeah actually I don't think anyone who has the responsibility of care over someone else should be taking intoxicants of any kind tbh... while the person that needs care is around anyway

for other people though, it should be legal ffs it's definitely less-worse than alcohol, the only reason alcohol is legal is cause the government make money off it.
Original post by the bear
drugs are a mug's game

Have you ever posted something I haven't agreed with? :five:
Original post by alkaline.
oh well that sucks :/

lmao their mum won't open the door when she's high, other than that - **** that sounds bad, yeah actually I don't think anyone who has the responsibility of care over someone else should be taking intoxicants of any kind tbh... while the person that needs care is around anyway

for other people though, it should be legal ffs it's definitely less-worse than alcohol, the only reason alcohol is legal is cause the government make money off it.

No, alcohol has a huge history that goes back thousands of years. If weed was legalized, the government would be making money of that, too..?
Original post by hezzlington
No, alcohol has a huge history that goes back thousands of years. If weed was legalized, the government would be making money of that, too..?

okay so why don't they then ?
Original post by ShannyMorrison
Like, what's the point?

It's overrated, expensive, smells awful, doesn't even have any effect (on me)?

The only benefit I can see from it is that it lowers obesity rates.

It's stupid and ruins your body. Your body is a temple not a cemetery, so you should treat it that way.

smoking weed regularly for one year can do more damage than smoking baccy does in ten. Not saying baccy is good either though.
Weed is awesome. Its healthier and safer than smoking or drinking and feels way better
Original post by TSRFT8
Smoking weed daily or on most day does make you a junkie...

'Junkie' to be precise means Heroin addict. Heroin referred to as 'Junk'.

Smoking weed doesn't make you a junkie.

If weed suits you - smoke away. If it doesn't, don't.

I don't see how it can be 'stupid'. Most of the comments on here sound like they're made by people who have no idea what they're talking about. If you don't like it, don't smoke it.
It's clearly less safe than people make out, it's probably less bad than alcohol, but I know loads of guys who are stoners who now have awful memories and they do put it down to cannabis use.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending