The Student Room Group

Does anyone else think weed is stupid?

Like, what's the point?

It's overrated, expensive, smells awful, doesn't even have any effect (on me)?

The only benefit I can see from it is that it lowers obesity rates.

Scroll to see replies

Id rather be obese than a junkie.....but it doesnt affect weight whatsoever- a guy on my street is nearly 20st and he smokes 15 joints a day...

Original post by ShannyMorrison
Like, what's the point?

It's overrated, expensive, smells awful, doesn't even have any effect (on me)?

The only benefit I can see from it is that it lowers obesity rates.
Trollbait, but whatever.

What is the point in alcohol? or tobacco? or cocaine? or caffine? etc etc

People like, others don't.

But the bottom line is it leads to less deaths than both alcohol and tobacco, it isn't a cause of anti-social behavior like alcohol is either. As for price, it isn't really that expensive, it depends on frequency of use really and how much you smoke at a time etc, considering people easily spend £20-50 a night out clubbing it can be a cheaper alternative to going out and getting **** faced every weekend, plus you have all day Sunday (or Saturday) to actually do something productive as you have no hangover.
Original post by GraphicDesign18
Id rather be obese than a junkie.....but it doesnt affect weight whatsoever- a guy on my street is nearly 20st and he smokes 15 joints a day...

false actually. It increases your appetite, which is why they give it to some cancer patients etc. Depending on your mentality you might be more tempted to go for a take out than actually make something healthier to eat, thus put on weight overtime.

Also, since when does smoking weed make anyone a junkie? It is a much less harmful drug than the likes of alcohol.
I don't care for weed. I wish it were legal though so people wouldn't feel 'cool' for having it in their possession and I wouldn't have to constantly see people 'blowing trees' on snapchat *yawn*
I'm against any concept of recreational drugs.
I just think recreational drugs are pointless
its definitely overrated but I don't care, people should be able to do whatever they want with their own bodies

Original post by SubZero~

boooo
Original post by SubZero~

Legal or illegal?

I feel like you really have to experiment a bit to be able to say that, it doesn't really mean much from someone who has always been closed minded towards it.
(edited 8 years ago)
I think it's all stupid.
There is a reason millions of people smoke it religiously.

Doesn't fit in with me and my goals, however.
Original post by nohomo
yeh but you look like a horse

Have a report on the house.
Original post by nohomo
yeh but you look like a horse

butttttttttttttttttt you have no avatar.

So guess who shouldn't be talking?

Yup, that's right, you! :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
butttttttttttttttttt you have no avatar.

So guess who shouldn't be talking?

Yup, that's right, you! :smile:

yeh but i don't look like a horse heehee
Original post by nohomo
yeh but i don't look like a horse heehee

Nope, just a tsr bubble? I got ya! :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Nope, just a tsr bubble? I got ya! :smile:

nonono
Weed should just be legalised. Instead of people handing money to drug dealers, the government should take a cut and tax it. Look @ Amsterdam.
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
false actually. It increases your appetite, which is why they give it to some cancer patients etc. Depending on your mentality you might be more tempted to go for a take out than actually make something healthier to eat, thus put on weight overtime.

Also, since when does smoking weed make anyone a junkie? It is a much less harmful drug than the likes of alcohol.

Since it was classified as a drug and by defenition a junkie is somebody who takes drugs....obviously.

Weed doesnt effect weight, you can be thin with no appatite and smoke weed, be a body builder and smoke week or be a greedy overweight person and smoke weed.

Drug users, alcohol consumers, smokers, slags and players are all bad, insecure, boring attention seekers. They all started for the same reason 'everybody else does it'.

There is no cure for cancer. Weed will not help it. If your dying then your dying. Its not fairy dust its filth. Why would they want you to gain weight when having cancer- fat cancer isnt any better than thin cancer- its just as terminal size 8 or size 16.
Reply 18
... hmmm
S3.jpg
Original post by TSRFT8
Smoking weed daily or on most day does make you a junkie...

How so? Weed is non addictive, it can be easy to fall into the lifestyle but in my experience just as easy to get out of. You don't get people going around sucking dick for weed money... And if you're not a complete idiot it doesn't get in the way of the rest of your life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending