The Student Room Group

When should you say I love you?

How do you know if you love someone, and when should you tell them?
Reply 1
When you stop judging them and accept them for who they are, when you no longer need to romanticise them in your mind, when you have seen their flaws and you would still drop everything to assist them, this love takes experience not time to develop, the more experiences you share together is the measurement in my view, not shallow feeling or time, time is completely arbitrary. How dare someone say my love for someone is not genuine because 6 months has not past? Keep your damn time, I am past that.
Tell them when youve realised what love is, theyll show you soon enough :smile:
When you're ready. Don't let no damn person dictate to you when to say it
Reply 4
when the time comes you will know... :smile:
Just don't.
You tell them when it feels right, when you can see it going long term.
When you feel it in your fingers, when you feel it in your toes...
The first time around it can be hard to figure out when it's love from when it's just an infatuation. People confuse it and say it before they go out or even if they're official - two things that I think need to happen before you can begin to think about it, and then you have to feel right about it. :holmes:
When you give them oral :colonhash:
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
How do you know if you love someone, and when should you tell them?

If it's genuine, you don't need to show them, you just do. For example, you'll be doing stuff unconsciously and their happiness and guarding them or being around them seems so natural and hours fly by and you don't even notice it.

Saying it? For me, it got to a point where it ached so badly just keeping it inside, when I looked at him I wanted to yell it and I just had to say it before it eats away inside me. But my point is, you'll get to a point where you just can't help but say it because the feeling is so overwhelming inside you.
Original post by Foo.mp3
When you feel that way about me :h:

:rolleyes:
Original post by queen-bee
:rolleyes:

I know who you are.:nothing:

You can't fool me.
Original post by Ya Dunno Mum
I know who you are.:nothing:

You can't fool me.

:confused: ??
Original post by Ya Dunno Mum
You are not how you portray yourself.

I am on to you.:holmes:

good for you
Reply 15
When the time is right.

With my first boyfriend we got together at 13 and lasted until I was 17, but because of the age we got together we said I love you like the day after.

With my second, it felt more serious (despite less time together) and he said it at 4 months and I didn't say it until 5/6, when I knew I was sure.
don't think about it as an important step, just say it whenever it feels comfortable :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending