The Student Room Group

Likelihood of pregnancy? (Microgynon and emergency contraception)

Hey! So, the other day I ended up getting a bit drunk and having sex. I'm 21 years old. I had been taking Microgynon 30 consistently up until that night whereby I forgot to take it (I take my contraceptive pill at night), but we also used a condom. The trouble is, I can't remember if my partner penetrated me prior to putting on the condom, so I got the morning after pill approximately 13 hours later as a precautionary measure. After taking the morning after pill, I stayed at my mum's house and forgot to bring my Microgynon with me, being the idiot that I am, so I ended up missing two pills - one before the emergency contraception, and one after. I'm back in my own house and took the two pills that I missed just there now.

My question is, is it very likely that I am pregnant, considering I used emergency contraception and a condom throughout most of the intercourse? Moreover, I'm due to go on my week off from Microgynon on Wednesday, and I usually take my period two days before I'm due to start a new pack. Is my cycle all messed up now, considering the high hormone dosage through both the emergency contraception and taking two contraceptive pills at once? What do I do now?
I think you're probably safe, but if you're still worried go to a pharmacist or a GUM clinic. Emergency contraception is very good in the case of unprotected sex so the likelihood in your situation is low. Take a test in a few weeks. Speak to healthcare providers to reassure yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest