The Student Room Group

Anyone else have nobody to live with next year? Not sure what to do

Hi

I'm a first year university student and I'm in kind of a bad situation in terms of accommodation for next year. A bit of background:

Since freshers week I knew that I would never click with my flatmates, and I never did. Most of the time we all did our own thing and we sometimes made small talk in the kitchen. They both left over the Christmas break so I'm living by myself right now. While I could have made a bit more effort, I think it's fair to say that I struck unlucky with the "flatmate lottery". Obviously I don't have any flatmates to ask to live with me next year, but I wouldn't have asked them anyway.

Then there is my course mates. We've become good friends over the months. I asked them about housing pretty recently (too late I know) but they are all living with their flatmates. Maybe it would be different if I'd mentioned it sooner, but who knows?

And now I'm in this position. I could ask my society about it. There are a few people I know well enough, but failing that, I'm really going to have to start looking at other options.

Is anyone else in the same boat? If so, what are your plans for accommodation next year? If any second/third years have been in the same situation, what did you do about it? I know there are a few options for me but I just don't know what would be best? What are your thoughts?
Reply 1
i know @SophieSmall is in the same situation though i dont know if she has resolved it
Reply 2
Yeh i'm in the same boat, i'm unsure whether or not to stay next year so i've not sorted any accommodation out. If I decide to stay then i'll be applying for halls or there's a 'find your flatmates' section on here somewhere.
Original post by shawtyb
i know @SophieSmall is in the same situation though i dont know if she has resolved it

Yep I'm in the same situation, but granted I'm being very picky due to having awful experiences with flatmates and neighbours in the past.

I don't have it resolved yet and honestly not sure what I'll do, but I'll make it work somehow.

At OP hurry up and ask your society friends, the longer you leave it the less likely you'll be able to live with them. Failing that you can always post online (most universities and courses have Facebook groups) asking if anyone on your course/ uni is looking for someone to live with. There will also be an influx soon of people looking to replace them on tenancy agreements as a lot of student drop out or change their minds about living with people. So there are always options.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending