The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE vs LSE

Hi All,

I am lucky enough an offer-holder for both LSE's BA in Geography and UCL's new BASc degree. I know this is not a bad problem to have, but I am really having trouble choosing my favourite. I get the general impression that LSE will get me where I want to go but at the cost of a pretty boring and very tough three years. UCL looks like more of a risk in terms of after the course but maybe more enjoyable? Does anyone who has undertaken these courses have any advice or LSE/UCL students more generally have any words of wisdom? Many thanks in advance
Reply 1
'LSE vs LSE' seems like you've got your mind made up :bigsmile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Milzime
'LSE vs LSE' seems like you've got your mind made up :bigsmile:

Woops! Any ideas how to change the title!?
Reply 3
I'd say London met
Reply 4
HAHAHAhAHHAAH
Reply 5
I would go for which ever one would open up more employment prospects/get me where I want to be in the future. 3 tough years for a career you want is worth it in my opinion.
Reply 6
Original post by Manexopi
I would go for which ever one would open up more employment prospects/get me where I want to be in the future. 3 tough years for a career you want is worth it in my opinion.

LSE then.
Original post by MuddyBlondie
Hi All,

I am lucky enough an offer-holder for both LSE's BA in Geography and UCL's new BASc degree. I know this is not a bad problem to have, but I am really having trouble choosing my favourite. I get the general impression that LSE will get me where I want to go but at the cost of a pretty boring and very tough three years. UCL looks like more of a risk in terms of after the course but maybe more enjoyable? Does anyone who has undertaken these courses have any advice or LSE/UCL students more generally have any words of wisdom? Many thanks in advance

Depends on your career plans.
Reply 8
Original post by GandalfWhite
Depends on your career plans.

I hope to go into NGO Development stuff and maybe the UN!
I hope to go into NGO Development stuff and maybe the UN!

UN requires a postgraduate degree. Knowing that a BSc or BA is not enough you can plan ahead.
UN requires a postgraduate degree. Knowing that a BSc or BA is not enough you can plan ahead.

That's good to know. Hopefully both degrees will equip me well - LSE seems to have better links for internships etc. though
That's good to know. Hopefully both degrees will equip me well - LSE seems to have better links for internships etc. though

Either is good. Geography may be more directly relevant. Together with a MSc you will demonstrate focus, commitment and be well positioned.
Either is good. Geography may be more directly relevant. Together with a MSc you will demonstrate focus, commitment and be well positioned.

Perfect! Cheers for the advice :smile:

Quick Reply