The Student Room Group

Friend won't be 18 when we go on a girls holiday

Basically me and a few friends are going on holiday in the summer after our a-levels and we'll all be 18 except one who's birthday isn't until August :frown: we're staying near Marbella/ Puerto Banus in Spain and we're worried that this one friend won't be able to get in to many clubs because she won't have ID (we heard they were becoming more strict over there). Does anyone have any experience with the ID situation in Spain? Do you think she'll be able to get in to clubs without an ID? Thanks for any replies :smile:
Why not try here? Or one of these two - 1, 2?
Seems like if she looks 18, it'll be fine. But if not, I'd probably think better safe than sorry :P
Reply 2
Original post by genieee
Basically me and a few friends are going on holiday in the summer after our a-levels and we'll all be 18 except one who's birthday isn't until August :frown: we're staying near Marbella/ Puerto Banus in Spain and we're worried that this one friend won't be able to get in to many clubs because she won't have ID (we heard they were becoming more strict over there). Does anyone have any experience with the ID situation in Spain? Do you think she'll be able to get in to clubs without an ID? Thanks for any replies :smile:

Puerto Banus is quite strict in the bigger clubs, but if you dress up nice and all stick together, you should be okay. Bars are mostly no problem, and I think the only reason they card people in the clubs is because the area attracts a lot of rich people and celebrities, and they don't want rowdy drunk teenagers there. If you look the part, I think you'll be fine.
Bump
At the end of the day the girl is committing an offence in entering that premises. If she was raped/or beaten inside she would expect a duty of care from the staff there which she undermines by attempting to enter the venue. Swallow your pride and just wait a few months; many much older guys have been refused at the door of these sorts of places for literally no reason at all.

Quick Reply

Latest