The Student Room Group

What romantic things do men do these days?

Scroll to see replies

kiss and lick your toes and p*ssy
and make a shrine out of a picture of you
they kiss your hands and suck your fingers
they worship your shrine 3 times a day

so romantic :*
Doesn't try to pressure you about life decisions, let's you cry on him, goes on walks with you and makes you feel like a girlygirl. <3
Original post by Anonymous

:lolwut:
Original post by Anonymous

You know this is pure foolery that's why you posted anonymous.
Original post by xobeauty
Yet you still haven't listed one thing. LOL your posts make me laugh.

Fine. I didn't only cos I didn't wanna sound soppy..

At any rate
Candle lit dinners
Massages
Taking her to one of her favourite places (ie: castles if she's in to that, plays or whatever.Stuff that id never ever do) though tbh I also do like castles to an extent and plays a bit so maybe that was a bad example...any how
Romantic film fest
Soppy chick flicks (Again something I would never ever watch. Same as the films)
Flowers, but not just any kind. The Victorians used to symbolise each flower as having x meaning
Surprising her by going away on a nice getaway

Other stuff as well but again tbh it just requires a little thought is all

So yeah... It all sounds super soppy hence not really mentioning owt
Original post by jamiehiston
using myself as an example seems cringey but **** it.

I've been on two first dates, and both girls said they were the nicest/most romantic things anyones ever done for them. the first one, I homemade a picnic with all her favourite foods that I could remember, bought some disgusting wine and took her to a lake in the evening, and we talked all night and kissed until it was super late; I pissed against a tree while she looked at the stars, it was very romantic.

for the other girl, I took her for a day out in london cause she wanted to see the dinosaurs at the natural history museum, then i got a nice hotel room and laid out 400 blackcurrent chewits on the bed in a heart shape cause they were her favourite, and because it was way more romantic than rose petals, we watched scary movies and had a bit of a cuddle. I wrote a list every time she said something cute or something that she liked a lot or wanted to do, and that date was just a combination of all of her favourite things.

thats what romance should be, in my opinion - something that proves that you actually listen and care, and the ability/motivation to apply that to a fun, well organised date. its not about the quantity, like making a huge gesture or spending a ****load of money, it can be something very simple and have a great effect. I wouldn't say the picnic thing was anything special, but it was thoughtful and showed i cared more than just buying her a meal would have.

Awww that's just too awesome. Well done good sir *thumbs up*
Original post by Goaded
When I first got with one of my exes he used to write me songs and sing to me and stuff. After that it was simple things like surprising me by with food I like and stuff. When he went away for uni we texted obvs but we also wrote each other letters and they were really sweet. I still have them.

Another ex of mine was big on flowers, and cooking for me! He took me dancing (like, actual ballroom dancing kinda thing) once

I so need to learn how to ballroom dance. I'm legitimately planning out ever date I want to do one after the other. My rationality tells me how ridiculous this is. But it's been too long I've gone without romance and I'm a hopeless romantic so I can't take it any-more. Must do. Everything. romantic. But not come on too strong. Hard. To. Resist. Cute. Temptations.
Doing their women a favour by taking the time out of their busy day to spend time with them. That's the most romantic thing anyone can do.

They also do lots of really romantic things like spend time with their women, spend money on them, make the effort to travel to see them, make the effort to spend time with them and put up with them, having conversations with them. Etc. It takes a huge amount of effort, it's a chore but they still do it. That's very romantic.
Buy or make you food, listen to you talk (or complain) on and on and watch a crappy movies with you...with the house to yourselves.
Oh and flowers and opened doors. Massive gift voucher funds to spend out of the random.
Original post by Cold 187um
Doing their women a favour by taking the time out of their busy day to spend time with them. That's the most romantic thing anyone can do.

They also do lots of really romantic things like spend time with their women, spend money on them, make the effort to travel to see them, make the effort to spend time with them and put up with them, having conversations with them. Etc. It takes a huge amount of effort, it's a chore but they still do it. That's very romantic.

Pretty much what I was (probably unsuccessfully) trying to sum up lol
Original post by jamiehiston
using myself as an example seems cringey but **** it.

I've been on two first dates, and both girls said they were the nicest/most romantic things anyones ever done for them. the first one, I homemade a picnic with all her favourite foods that I could remember, bought some disgusting wine and took her to a lake in the evening, and we talked all night and kissed until it was super late; I pissed against a tree while she looked at the stars, it was very romantic.

for the other girl, I took her for a day out in london cause she wanted to see the dinosaurs at the natural history museum, then i got a nice hotel room and laid out 400 blackcurrent chewits on the bed in a heart shape cause they were her favourite, and because it was way more romantic than rose petals, we watched scary movies and had a bit of a cuddle. I wrote a list every time she said something cute or something that she liked a lot or wanted to do, and that date was just a combination of all of her favourite things.

thats what romance should be, in my opinion - something that proves that you actually listen and care, and the ability/motivation to apply that to a fun, well organised date. its not about the quantity, like making a huge gesture or spending a ****load of money, it can be something very simple and have a great effect. I wouldn't say the picnic thing was anything special, but it was thoughtful and showed i cared more than just buying her a meal would have.

Its not cringy at all. Reminds me of my boyfriend...to the last detail. Youre a great guy! ^_^
x.

Happy now?
Original post by The_Internet
Happy now?

I was expecting something more amaze balls the way you were scared
I was expecting something more amaze balls the way you were scared

Thanks?
Original post by The_Internet
Thanks?

Lmao.