The Student Room Group

Slept with my best friend - any success stories?

So after a very drunken night last night somehow I ended up having sex with my best friend. He's a guy im a girl. We spent all day together and it was normal (even though we had morning sex) ad have discussed it and said it won't happen again and was a mistake. I'm just worried as I've never seen this happen before and end well. One person gets feelings and the other doesn't or the friendship just fizzles out. The friendship is ruined..

I don't mean stories of the best friends ending up together as I do not want that!!!!
Reply 1
bump
that is gonna be mad awkward, well at least you guys will have a fun party story :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
So after a very drunken night last night somehow I ended up having sex with my best friend. He's a guy im a girl. We spent all day together and it was normal (even though we had morning sex) ad have discussed it and said it won't happen again and was a mistake. I'm just worried as I've never seen this happen before and end well. One person gets feelings and the other doesn't or the friendship just fizzles out. The friendship is ruined..

I don't mean stories of the best friends ending up together as I do not want that!!!!

why did you bang him again in the morning?
Reply 4
Original post by josh75

it wont happen again ok it was a mistake even though they banged twice but still 10/10 mistake oops
Reply 5

I don't know what you expect to hear. It's going to be awkward nearly every time this happens. Think about it, you just had sex with the person who clearly viewed you as one of their must trusted and reliable friends. Whenever you see each other it's going to be weird. I can't say if your friendship is over but it's going to be different. Just be prepared for anything is all I'm saying.

When I asked out one of my closest friends out on a date and she rejected, the friendship was pretty much over. So think about how that can compare to when you end up banging one of your closest friend.
Reply 6
Is there a reason this happened now and not before (assuming you've been best friends for quite some time)? Do you remember who initiated it? Sounds like you aren't going to be the one to develop any feelings, from what you said, so why did you decide to sleep with him twice?

Yeah like others said, it's going to be awkward and different from how it was before most likely. Hopefully he doesn't develop any feelings for you and you can both continue in your friendship. We can't really predict how it will go, you'll have to wait and see. Just don't sleep with him again.
Reply 7
Original post by josh75

guess we were still drunk and naked and it just happned... not really a rational decision!
Reply 8
Original post by Katarvi
Is there a reason this happened now and not before (assuming you've been best friends for quite some time)? Do you remember who initiated it? Sounds like you aren't going to be the one to develop any feelings, from what you said, so why did you decide to sleep with him twice?

Yeah like others said, it's going to be awkward and different from how it was before most likely. Hopefully he doesn't develop any feelings for you and you can both continue in your friendship. We can't really predict how it will go, you'll have to wait and see. Just don't sleep with him again.

We were both drunk and he definitely initiated it both times. Yes there is a reason I think why it hasnt happened before but has now but won't go into detail on here as the why doesnt really affect what has happened!

Neither of us are awkward people and as far as I'm concerned we are much much better as friends I would not risk this friendship for the sake of trying to be more would never even cross my mind. I value him more as a friend.

Loooooooooool lock it OFF. Sexual intimacy is not normal for friendships otherwise we'd all be meeting up for sessions with our mates after a drink 😂😂😂😂 considering friends with benefits? Has its cons but a lot of pro's if done correctly
We were both drunk and he definitely initiated it both times. Yes there is a reason I think why it hasnt happened before but has now but won't go into detail on here as the why doesnt really affect what has happened!

Neither of us are awkward people and as far as I'm concerned we are much much better as friends I would not risk this friendship for the sake of trying to be more would never even cross my mind. I value him more as a friend.

Dang, if he initiated it both times it could be the has more than friendly feelings towards you. Has he ever given you that impression?

I'd suggest carrying on as you are, treat him the way you always have and don't bring it up or allow it to happen again. See how he acts and if he continues to be his usual self also then count yourself lucky and learn from it.
Hmm more reason to think it's very hard to remain just close friends with a guy. I think this is going to change the relationship now. It may remain super awkward for a while. Give it time.
Original post by Katarvi
Dang, if he initiated it both times it could be the has more than friendly feelings towards you. Has he ever given you that impression?

I'd suggest carrying on as you are, treat him the way you always have and don't bring it up or allow it to happen again. See how he acts and if he continues to be his usual self also then count yourself lucky and learn from it.

I don't really know, the whole time I've been friends with him I've had a boyfriend who I was with for 3 years (I have been friends with this guy for a year and a half but we became very good friends in that time). But we broke up a month ago. We both agreed that it was a mistake, he said that first. I definitely don't have feelings for him and I don't think he does for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending