The Student Room Group

Should I get a Cambridge revision book if I am doing Edexcel

Hi,
This is my first post so I am a bit shy.
But recently i need to revise physics A LOT.
I am doing the edexcel exam board.
I have been wanting to get this book

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0198308744/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_558TwbJ7HQD2X

I really like how they have a lot of practice and good ways to explain the subjects but it's for Cambridge and I am doing edexcel. Will it matter or will it help me if I am struggling a lot? I already purchased the edexcel revision guide and the CGP one but I didn't like them.
Please respond ASAP
Original post by Ahmed_Sharaf
Hi,
This is my first post so I am a bit shy.
But recently i need to revise physics A LOT.
I am doing the edexcel exam board.
I have been wanting to get this book

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0198308744/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_558TwbJ7HQD2X

I really like how they have a lot of practice and good ways to explain the subjects but it's for Cambridge and I am doing edexcel. Will it matter or will it help me if I am struggling a lot? I already purchased the edexcel revision guide and the CGP one but I didn't like them.
Please respond ASAP

1) Why are you shy if your just typing on a forums.
2) No, you get an edexcel one not cambridge as they are two DIFFERENT boards.
^ Cambridge technically isn't an exam board in itself, they tend to latch onto other exam boards with their iGCSE exams.

If you're doing iGCSE Edexcel, yes get it. If you're just doing GCSE - no don't get it as you'll be learning things you don't need to know and it may miss out things you do need to know
Reply 3
Original post by caitlinford3
^ Cambridge technically isn't an exam board in itself, they tend to latch onto other exam boards with their iGCSE exams.

If you're doing iGCSE Edexcel, yes get it. If you're just doing GCSE - no don't get it as you'll be learning things you don't need to know and it may miss out things you do need to know

I already have the edexcel one and I think the Cambridge one might help me but some people told me not to get it as I might learn something I don't need but can I just go through my syllabus and see the things I need to know
Original post by Ahmed_Sharaf
I already have the edexcel one and I think the Cambridge one might help me but some people told me not to get it as I might learn something I don't need but can I just go through my syllabus and see the things I need to know

Well it might miss off things you do need to know?

Quick Reply

Latest