The Student Room Group

What can you do for fun as a 'Home Student'?

I live at home and commute to uni and on my days off I get super bored and stressed out. Everyone I know has moved out for uni and the people i seem to run into at uni i.e in lectures are either uninteresting or uninterested.

I spend my free time in the gym or going for a walk but being around my family or by myself all the time is killing me. What can I do?

I've joined a few societies but they all seem shitty and not very active. (I live in London; for reference)
Reply 1
Get a part time job or volunteer?
Reply 2
Original post by Jenx301
Get a part time job or volunteer?

Lool i did/do that but sometimes my shifts get in the way of my deadlines so im not working for a while. But i volunteer at a saturday school.
what uni? same predicament in london
Reply 4
Original post by gr8wizard10
what uni? same predicament in london

Greenwich! :smile: You?
Original post by AvaLisa12
Greenwich! :smile: You?

city university, i live near greenwhich. lewisham to be precise, what days do you normally have off?
city university, i live near greenwhich. lewisham to be precise, what days do you normally have off?

Why don't you two meet up and do stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
sleep :smile: well thats what id rather do in my own time. that and drink, and maybe stuff my face with kebabs when drunk
Reply 8

I have fridays off. I live near greenwich too. What about you
Reply 9
Original post by jonathanemptage
Why don't you two meet up and do stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think thats a great idea, wish more people would come to meet ups
I have fridays off. I live near greenwich too. What about you

like 20 min away, i'd deffo be up for meeting up ^^ pm me
Reply 11
Original post by shawtyb
sleep :smile: well thats what id rather do in my own time. that and drink, and maybe stuff my face with kebabs when drunk

Lool looking for things to do that involve other people. Other than talk to randomers in the library -_-
Lool looking for things to do that involve other people. Other than talk to randomers in the library -_-

stalk them? games over when you get caught
Would you look at that I helped👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest