The Student Room Group

(couples) How often roughly do you..?

have sex per week/month on average? and how long have you been together?

Scroll to see replies

Once or twice a week , two years :smile:
Reply 2
Twice per day has generally been my minimum where proximity and opportunity permits, though I've generally made a point of choosing my partners with this in mind.
Reply 3
Original post by Profesh
Twice per day has generally been my minimum where proximity and opportunity permits, though I've generally made a point of choosing my partners with this in mind.

what if they cant live up to the twice a day rule? what if they have other things to do like, i dont know, hm a job or a life maybe?
How often, you ask?.:hubba:

...never:ashamed2:

We've been together over 2 years.
Reply 5
Original post by Mathaddict
How often, you ask?.:hubba:

...never:ashamed2:

We've been together over 2 years.

why never? are you waiting for marriage or something?:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
what if they cant live up to the twice a day rule? what if they have other things to do like, i dont know, hm a job or a life maybe?

Outside of my job, sex is something I will set aside time for in preference to most other recreational activities. If in the long-term this appetite (i.e. morning and night) isn't reciprocated, then we aren't compatible, and I wish them every success in finding a partner better suited.
Reply 7
Original post by Profesh
Outside of my job, sex is something I will set aside time for in preference to most other recreational activities. If in the long-term this appetite (i.e. morning and night) isn't reciprocated, then we aren't compatible, and I wish them every success in finding a partner better suited.

wow that just sounds a bit shallow man? what if they're tired or poorly or something? sounds to me like you seem a bit...obsessive over the sex part but not the actual relationship part?
wow that just sounds a bit shallow man? what if they're tired or poorly or something? sounds to me like you seem a bit...obsessive over the sex part but not the actual relationship part?

The way I see it, when I look at many older men in long-term relationships, they are extremely unhappy due to their inactive sex lives. They love their partners - well, I think they do - but sex is as much a need as food and water, and is an extremely important part of relationships. It's important that both people are similar in terms of sexual drive, or it just results in frustration in the long-term.

Is it selfish? I dunno. Just think, say you loved to go travelling or something a lot, but your partner didn't want to travel often. Wouldn't it be frustrating? I mean, you might still love them, but you'd be miserable because your love of travelling wasn't being fulfilled.
Reply 9
Original post by Abstract_Prism
The way I see it, when I look at many older men in long-term relationships, they are extremely unhappy due to their inactive sex lives. They love their partners - well, I think they do - but sex is as much a need as food and water, and is an extremely important part of relationships. It's important that both people are similar in terms of sexual drive, or it just results in frustration in the long-term.

Is it selfish? I dunno. Just think, say you loved to go travelling or something a lot, but your partner didn't want to travel often. Wouldn't it be frustrating? I mean, you might still love them, but you'd be miserable because your love of travelling wasn't being fulfilled.

but you can travel on your own? your partner doesnt have to tie you down because they dont want to go? like masturbation is a thing so yes i think its being really selfish and if youre forced into sex, im not saying that they do force them into sex, wouldnt that be classed a rape?
but you can travel on your own? your partner doesnt have to tie you down because they dont want to go? like masturbation is a thing so yes i think its being really selfish and if youre forced into sex, im not saying that they do force them into sex, wouldnt that be classed a rape?

I would argue that it would quite simply be easier to get a partner who loved to travel as much as you do. Meanwhile, the initial partner who doesn't like to travel often can find someone who is equally indifferent to travel.

It's just easier and more convenient.

I completely see where you're coming from, and no one should pressure anyone into sex by threatening to end a relationship. There should be no threatening. Someone should just recognise that their partner and them are on different sexual wavelengths and just end it, no baiting or conditions. That would be the right thing to do.

I said "in the long-term", i.e. overall. I'm not some kind of dispassionate, rutting beast, but if given the opportunity my partner doesn't typically share that same primal urge to claim and be claimed in the most intimate way possible, to indulge one another in the euphoria of total physical and emotional release, then I'll start to feel alienated from them psychologically.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Profesh
I said "in the long-term", i.e. overall. I'm not some kind of dispassionate, rutting beast, but if given the opportunity my partner doesn't typically share that same craving to claim and be claimed in the most intimate way possible, to indulge one another in the euphoria of total physical and emotional release, then I'll start to feel alienated from them psychologically.

but does that have to be expressed through sex?
.Twice a week on average. Together a year and a few months.

There is no disputing the importance of sex in a healthy, happy relationship.
There is no disputing the importance of sex in a healthy, happy relationship.

yes its important but it can be shown in other ways too
yes its important but it can be shown in other ways too

You can express love in other ways, yes, but there is no physical alternative to sex, at least for guys. Can I ask if you, Anon, are male or female? If you are female, you might just have to accept that for guys, sex is a need of no less significance than food and water.
You can express love in other ways, yes, but there is no physical alternative to sex, at least for guys. Can I ask if you, Anon, are male or female? If you are female, you might just have to accept that for guys, sex is a need of no less significance than food and water.

i female but lets just say i understand how male minds work for arguments sake, and quite frankly it makes you all sound like pigs

What part of "primal urge", or "most intimate" do you not understand?
Original post by Profesh
What part of "primal urge", or "most intimate" do you not understand?

what part of 'it makes you sound like pigs' do you not understand? its almost like you havent evolved

Quick Reply

Latest