what lipstick shades suit more??

nudes (eg mac whirl) or reds???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
nudes
Red I thought the nude would be lighter
Original post by Justmoll28

the red looks fab on you (may just be that it looks like a better quality lip stick) but it looks great.

you do suit the nudes though, just wash you out a little more (i think thats the case with most nudes!)
Nudes all the way!!!
Reply 5
Original post by Indieboohoo1
Red I thought the nude would be lighter

i also have honeylove by mac which i use sometimes too
Reply 6
Original post by Natalierm2707
the red looks fab on you (may just be that it looks like a better quality lip stick) but it looks great.

you do suit the nudes though, just wash you out a little more (i think thats the case with most nudes!)

haha i have mac on for the nudeish pic and then the red one is just a rimmel one i think for like half the price haha!
haha i have mac on for the nudeish pic and then the red one is just a rimmel one i think for like half the price haha!

OMG no way!!!

I think its because its matte, I always feel they dont look as "expensive" on the lips.
Reply 8
Whirl isn't nude though is it
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Natalierm2707
OMG no way!!!

I think its because its matte, I always feel they dont look as "expensive" on the lips.

its the only matte colour along with honeylove i have haha, i kinda followed the whole kylie jenner trend but the velvet teddy shade she uses makes me look white as a ghost! haha i do get your point though, theyre quite difficult to get an even coat on the lip unless you exfoliate 10000 times a day haha!
Original post by HAnwar
Whirl isn't nude though is it

what is it then? because im pretty sure its considered a nude in the mac store i bought it from :smile:
Reply 11
what is it then? because im pretty sure its considered a nude in the mac store i bought it from :smile:

It's so dark though :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
It's so dark though :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

so if it was used on a darker skinned person it wouldnt be classed as nude....? hmm i didnt know 'nude' had to be a pale shade only :smile:
Reply 13
so if it was used on a darker skinned person it wouldnt be classed as nude....? hmm i didnt know 'nude' had to be a pale shade only :smile:

When I asked for a nude colour, the lady in the shop said she wouldn't recommend whirl as it's too dark xD
Original post by HAnwar
When I asked for a nude colour, the lady in the shop said she wouldn't recommend whirl as it's too dark xD

it isnt though? it depends on your skin tone, im half olive so i can get away with it but if you was sickly pale then you'd look a bit stupid tbh

Omg firstly, can I just say that you're so beautiful!!

Secondly, both looks amazing but red is red!:h:
Original post by BrokenLife
Omg firstly, can I just say that you're so beautiful!!

Secondly, both looks amazing but red is red!:h:

whaaaaaa noooo thank you omg!!!:colondollar:
and thats true:wink:
whaaaaaa noooo thank you omg!!!:colondollar:
and thats true:wink:

Just saying the truth, girl! You're drop dead gorgeous! :smile:

Haha :biggrin:
Original post by BrokenLife
Just saying the truth, girl! You're drop dead gorgeous! :smile:

Haha :biggrin:

thank you! haha i wasnt expecting that! :hugs: