The Student Room Group

24 year old guy...

Well, I like this guy, and he likes me.. he's 24 and I'm 18 turning 19..hence a around 6 year's difference. Opinions on whether this is an okay age gap?
Like he's an engineer and stuff already and yeah I'm well, in uni..
I'm just not aware of what the problems/obstacles with me with this kinda age gap relationship. If any of you has been in one with a bigger age gap, please do tell me how you found it/how it went.
Lool this thread may seem a bit weird but any contribution would be appreciated:redface:
Reply 1
I don't think there's anything wrong with it, when i was 16 i went out with a 22 year old. He was more maturer than other boys and wasnt horny af all the time
Reply 2
Original post by mkap
I don't think there's anything wrong with it, when i was 16 i went out with a 22 year old. He was more maturer than other boys and wasnt horny af all the time

Ahh that's good to know! :smile:Well some people around me keeps commenting on how strange and "too big" the age gap is and stuff...:colonhash:
If you don't mind me asking this?..did you find it harder to relate to him at some points of your relationship?
Reply 3
24/2+7=19

Wait until you turn 19.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Ahh that's good to know! :smile:Well some people around me keeps commenting on how strange and "too big" the age gap is and stuff...:colonhash:
If you don't mind me asking this?..did you find it harder to relate to him at some points of your relationship?

well he was working while I was approaching the end of my fist year in college. Im thinking now and i cant really think of any. i guess he used to be too busy to text me or he used to get a bit insecure if i had guy friends but he never showed it till after we broke up.
Reply 5
I think the worry when you're dating younger/older men/women is that you won't have much in common. 6 years is not that much though. And even if it were, the important thing would be if you like each other and are comfortable with them. If you do, nothing else matters.

[video="youtube;tAGnKpE4NCI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAGnKpE4NCI[/video]

****, clearly there are boundaries. Don't date under age, people. You could get in trouble and it's creepy.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
If the two of you get on well with each other and have lots of things in common then its not too bad i dont think :smile:
I personally wouldnt feel right, my age range would be 2 years older or 2 years younger, no more.
When I was 17 I got engaged to a 24 year old.

I'm now 32, and he's 39. We've been married nearly 11 years. Got 4 kids.
my mum's friend got married at 23 to her now ex-husband who was 51 at the time
Reply 9
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
When I was 17 I got engaged to a 24 year old.

I'm now 32, and he's 39. We've been married nearly 11 years. Got 4 kids.

what are you doing on tsr?
Original post by O$car
what are you doing on tsr?

Right now I'm responding to this post of yours

Quick Reply

Latest