The Student Room Group

Great budget airline suggestions?

Would like to go back to Tuscany to spend some time with the family,which airline would you suggest?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Avoid Ryanair at all costs. :yep:
Reply 2
Original post by Airmed
Avoid Ryanair at all costs. :yep:

Why?
Reply 3
Original post by queen-bee
Why?

Horrendous customer services and they love to piss people around: they changed my return flight from Ireland to Scotland without notifying me properly. They are cheap but they have ridiculous luggage rules, like the sizes they want you to have for a cabin bag. It's so hard to find one!
Reply 4
Original post by Airmed
Horrendous customer services and they love to piss people around: they changed my return flight from Ireland to Scotland without notifying me properly. They are cheap but they have ridiculous luggage rules, like the sizes they want you to have for a cabin bag. It's so hard to find one!

I usually carry a lot even for short European journeys
What do y'all think about easy jet?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
I usually carry a lot even for short European journeys

To check in a 15kg bag cost me £25 each way with Ryanair. It's £35 each way for a 20kg bag.
Reply 6
Original post by Airmed
To check in a 15kg bag cost me £25 each way with Ryanair. It's £35 each way for a 20kg bag.

Argh,I'll probably just carry a medium sized suitcase going and then buy some more clothes when I get to Florence.
Reply 7
Argh,I'll probably just carry a medium sized suitcase going and then buy some more clothes when I get to Florence.

That's what I did when I went home for Christmas. It's annoying these weight limits. Some airlines charge up to a tenner for each kg you're over the limit.
Reply 8
Original post by Airmed
That's what I did when I went home for Christmas. It's annoying these weight limits. Some airlines charge up to a tenner for each kg you're over the limit.

Anything to make easy money eh :rolleyes:
Reply 9
Anything to make easy money eh :rolleyes:

Ikr. :rolleyes: Ryanair even charge you £50 or thereabouts if you don't have the correct boarding pass with you and you need to print it out at the airport. Not sure if that's the same for other airlines but I'd not be shocked if they charged too.
Reply 10
Original post by Airmed
Ikr. :rolleyes: Ryanair even charge you £50 or thereabouts if you don't have the correct boarding pass with you and you need to print it out at the airport. Not sure if that's the same for other airlines but I'd not be shocked if they charged too.

Emirates charge as well I think :redface:
Reply 11
Emirates charge as well I think :redface:

Urgh. Why must they rip us off?
Reply 12
Original post by Airmed
Urgh. Why must they rip us off?

It's all about the money money money
Not had a problem with Flybe. (ok, we'll ignore the delay coming back from Paris!) Where are you flying from?
Reply 14
Original post by Tiger Rag
Not had a problem with Flybe. (ok, we'll ignore the delay coming back from Paris!) Where are you flying from?

To Florence :smile:
Would like to go back to Tuscany to spend some time with the family,which airline would you suggest?

Easyjet/norweigan airline
Reply 16
Original post by cherryred90s
Easyjet/norweigan airline

I'll probably try easy jet this time but I've heard some really bad reviews about delays etc
To Florence :smile:

There should be a list of airlines used by Florence on their airport website?
Reply 18
Original post by Tiger Rag
There should be a list of airlines used by Florence on their airport website?

There quite a few but I've only ever used alitalia before and British airway and Emirates and etihad and Turkish airlines to fly out of the U.K.
Just looking for some recommendation
(edited 8 years ago)
Easyjet are fine to anywhere in Europe, it's basically just 2 hours on a bus.

As above I'd avoid Ryanair like the plague unless you have no alternative. They're the sort of people who'd expect you to chop off a limb to compensate if your luggage was 1 gram over.

Quick Reply

Latest