The Student Room Group

Is it possible?

I just read a post on here by someone basically saying that they didn't think gay people could lead fulfilling lives and it's really getting me down :frown: I went through a short period of not accepting my sexuality and being incredibly depressed but I got over it because I realised that I would be able to spend my life with the woman I loved but this post is giving me second thiughts. Need some reassurance, no homophobes please
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I just read a post on here by someone basically saying that they didn't think gay people could lead fulfilling lives and it's really getting me down :frown: I went through a short period of not accepting my sexuality and being incredibly depressed but I got over it because I realised that I would be able to spend my life with the woman I loved but this post is giving me second thiughts. Need some reassurance, no homophobes please

I wouldn't let a post off the internet by someone you don't know give you doubt and second thoughts. You'll always find people who will clash with you over issues, but don't let someone else's opinion (not fact) get you down.
Original post by Anonymous

This is because of conditioning. They can't imagine how someone who doesn't live the 'normal' trajectory of heterosexual marriage and 2.4 children can have a fulfilling life. Lots of straight people aren't fulfilled. Lots of gay people are. Life is about you doing the things that make you happy and this is what will make you feel fulfilled.

If you're gay and you suppress that I imagine that's the least fulfilling life possible. Their judgement is so naive and you should not let it impact on you (I know that's hard). Be true to yourself and you will be way happier than conforming to some artificial idea of fulfilment. :smile:
Being straight is rubbish. Don't believe the hype!

Quick Reply

Latest