The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website

Required reading for PPE

Hi, hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. I have been looking at several universities that offer PPE. All of these have required and recommended reading. I have been advised by an Open University student advisor that this is not the case at the OU. This has left me a bit confused as to how this course works with the OU. Hoping somebody knows why this is and what it is I would be required to do, if not read about these subjects in order to fulfill the course requirements.
Original post by Matt-88
Hi, hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. I have been looking at several universities that offer PPE. All of these have required and recommended reading. I have been advised by an Open University student advisor that this is not the case at the OU. This has left me a bit confused as to how this course works with the OU. Hoping somebody knows why this is and what it is I would be required to do, if not read about these subjects in order to fulfill the course requirements.

You read the textbooks that are sent to you, or the online module materials for each module, then pass the exam/assignments.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by SuperCat007
You read the textbooks that are sent to you, or the online module materials for each module, then pass the exam/assignments.

What you can also do (and what I did) is google the reading list that other Universities send out to their students and read those. When you get your tutor details sent through, you can also email and ask them if they have any books related to your module they can recommend. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest