The Student Room Group

interrailing????

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Justmoll28
have you ever been, is it worth it? im considering it in the summer with my boyfriend but im not sure..

I went Interrailing in the summer with my girlfriend. AMA.

[video="youtube;TJFS7BaO1jc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJFS7BaO1jc[/video]
Reply 21
I want to hop around central europe this summer, but doing it all the way from the UK would be longingtons, so I reckon I could fly to Italy / Croatia, then my provisional route is like Rome, Florence, Venice, Zagreb, Split / Hvar, Zadar, Rijeka, Dubrovnik, Sarajevo, Belgrade , Mostar - Herzegovina.

Anyone been round this kind of route? Any tips for stop offs? I see Lake Bled in Slovenia seems to be a frequent one, I might be open to it, but I have spent a week nearby before.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by sycl0n3
I went last year. Our route was: Geneva - Basel - Interlaken - Amsterdam - Prague - Budapest - Salzburg - Venice - Florence - Pisa - Rome - Pompeii (We went to 6 countries in a month).
We had to take an awful bus ride from Amsterdam to Prague though bc we hadn't booked the train in advance and they were all full - it was pretty horrendous. We also got on the wrong trains a few times and ended up in germany for a bit but other than that it was amazing.
Would deffo recommend it!

Yeah Interlaken, Amsterdam, Prague sounds awkward to say the least lol

Quick Reply