The Student Room Group

Student finance problems

Hey guys,

Starting to panic a bit here, I'm waiting for my national insurance number to come through and the person I spoke to said it will take 6 weeks. But with student finance opening up around this time, I'm scared that I won't be able to apply for student finance, and I'll miss the deadline etc.

So, when is the deadline for student finance exactly? And do you think I'll miss it?

I am the type of person that obsesses over a problem, so I'm probably getting more stressed over it than I need to be, so any advice/answers that you can give would really help me.

Thanks in advance for any help! I'm very grateful :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by DidiDana
Hey guys,

Starting to panic a bit here, I'm waiting for my national insurance number to come through and the person I spoke to said it will take 6 weeks. But with student finance opening up around this time, I'm scared that I won't be able to apply for student finance, and I'll miss the deadline etc.

So, when is the deadline for student finance exactly? And do you think I'll miss it?

I am the type of person that obsesses over a problem, so I'm probably getting more stressed over it than I need to be, so any advice/answers that you can give would really help me.

Thanks in advance for any help! I'm very grateful :smile:

Last year I didn't apply for student finance until March, and there was people in my year still sorting it out in June time. But this is SF Northern Ireland, so it depends. Have you looked up on the website?
Reply 2
Original post by Airmed
Last year I didn't apply for student finance until March, and there was people in my year still sorting it out in June time. But this is SF Northern Ireland, so it depends. Have you looked up on the website?

Yeah I have, it says by the end of May, but I just wanted to be sure. The thing I was most worried about was whether I would have my national insurance number before then, what do you think? Would you say it most probably will be?
Reply 3
Yeah I have, it says by the end of May, but I just wanted to be sure. The thing I was most worried about was whether I would have my national insurance number before then, what do you think? Would you say it most probably will be?

Definitely, as 6 weeks time will only be the end of March! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Airmed
Definitely, as 6 weeks time will only be the end of March! :smile:

I know! But ever since this happened everyones being saying "oh, it took them 6 months to send mine blah blah.." and "you'll never get into uni now", so its caused me to go into panic hyperdrive! Haha :smile:

But thank you so much, you've really helped me!
Reply 5
I know! But ever since this happened everyones being saying "oh, it took them 6 months to send mine blah blah.." and "you'll never get into uni now", so its caused me to go into panic hyperdrive! Haha :smile:

But thank you so much, you've really helped me!

You can apply for SF at any time up to nine months after the start date of your course. They usually advise that you apply before the end of May in order to guarantee that your SF is ready to go at the start of the academic year. But that's not the closing date for applications, so don't worry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending