The Student Room Group

Deferred entry for A2 exams?

So I'm in a bit of a complicated position. I'm studying RS, History and Sociology but last year I only did History and Sociology for AS so I will have to my entire RS A level this year as well as my A2 exams for history and sociology. It's all okay though, like I think it will be manageable but this was before I got hit by a car last month and it took like a month of school away from me plus it's been hard to get back into the routine and everything. Before this I already decided I was taking a gap year but my teacher mentioned something in assembly today. He was talking about people who are underachieving may not be entered for the exam but then he said some of you may have a "deferred exam entry". Now I've never heard of this for /exams/ before, only uni places but I assume this means that basically I wouldn't do my exams this year but next year? Is that possible? I feel like if it is, my follow-up question is can I do half my exams this year and finish the rest off next year? If not that's okay too and I wouldn't mind doing them all next year. I just am confused because of my personal situation and with all the A level reforms about how it would work?

Anybody know?

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends what you want to do at uni and where. You'll need to check if they require all 3 a levels to be taken at the same time. Get in touch with some unis and ask. Also speak to your tutor or the teacher that mentioned it. They should be able to advise you
bump

Quick Reply

Latest