The Student Room Group

A's AAA(*)

[scroll]AAA [/scroll]

Yay! So this is my entry for GYG :woo: (finally :lol:)

Well I currently do Physics (AQA,, A Level), Geography(AQA, AS) and Government and Politics (Edexcel, AS) :h:

Aims:
> Get AAA in my subjects respectively
> No matter what, keep on going!

I don't have anything that I want to work towards in particular in terms of a degree, but I know I just have to try my best in getting the grades I can. :h:

Strategies:
> Formulate an excel document for each subject to keep track of grades and keep progress of my grades with all the past papers that I do.

> Keep my folder organised!

> Try to do at least 45 mins everyday of each subject to refresh and revise topics that I've already done.

> Also do as many past papers as possible

At the moment:
> For Physics, I've finished Quantum Phenomena, Electricity and Mechanics and Materials and now I'm going to start Waves! :shakecane:

> Geography, I've finished the Core topics of Rivers, Population and Coasts, Health currently working on the Skills Paper.
(AS exams completed)

> Government and Politics, I've done Democracy, UK Constitution and Parliament, Pressure Groups and Prime Minster and the Cabinet. and is now on Political Parties and ideas.

Mock grades:
Geography - B
Politics - C
Physics - Unknown. :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You have my full support - good luck!
Original post by aamirac
A's AAA(*)

Well I currently do Physics (AQA), Geography(AQA) and Government and Politics (Edexcel) for A-level :h:

Aims:
> Get A*AA in my subjects respectively

I don't have anything that I want to work towards in particular in terms of a degree, but I know I just have to try my best in getting the grades I can.

Strategies:
> Formulate an excel document for each subject to keep track of grades and keep progress of my grades with all the past papers that I do.

> Try to do at least 45 mins everyday of each subject to refresh and revise topics that I've already done.

At the moment:
> For Physics, I've finished Quantum Phenomena and Electricity and now I'm doing Mechanics

> Geography, I've finished the Core topics of Rivers and Population and currently working on Coasts and Health

> Government and Politics, I've done Democracy, UK Constitution and Parliament. All that is left is Pressure Groups, Prime Minster and the Cabinet.

Timetable will be uploaded sometime soon!

So much for colourful :indiff:
Reply 3
Original post by Student403
You have my full support - good luck!

Thank you! :colondollar:

Original post by Imperion
So much for colourful :indiff:

:colone:
Reply 4
This is my first post I guess! :woo:

For Physics I've completed almost all of the past papers for unit 1 ! Been working through the textbook questions for mechanics before I move on to past papers as we haven't done all the topic so far. Figuring how they might be structured and how to go about solving a question.

For Geography I have completed the case studies we've done so far. Putting each CS on coloured card, so it stands out in my folder and I can easily find it. Just working my way through the physical side as we've completed that section! Formulating the structure for those 15 markers!

For Politics I haven't done as much as I should. I've done a 5, 10 and 25 marker for Unit 1 Democracy and a 40 marker for UK Constitution . Trying to tackle the structure of the essays.

It's been all about structure this week! :woo:
Original post by aamirac

For Physics I've completed almost all of the past papers for unit 1 ! Been working through the textbook questions for mechanics before I move on to past papers as we haven't done all the topic so far. Figuring how they might be structured and how to go about solving a question.

For Geography I have completed the case studies we've done so far. Putting each CS on coloured card, so it stands out in my folder and I can easily find it. Just working my way through the physical side as we've completed that section! Formulating the structure for those 15 markers!

For Politics I haven't done as much as I should. I've done a 5, 10 and 25 marker for Unit 1 Democracy and a 40 marker for UK Constitution . Trying to tackle the structure of the essays.

love the title :ahee: as well as the colours going on in your post :biggrin:

I like the colour card idea as well :K: we might get to see photos of a full folder if we're lucky :tongue:

Sounds like you're doing well so far :h:
Reply 6
Original post by SeanFM
love the title :ahee: as well as the colours going on in your post :biggrin:

I like the colour card idea as well :K: we might get to see photos of a full folder if we're lucky :tongue:

Sounds like you're doing well so far :h:

Thank you Sean! :awesome:

Maybe, in due time. :lol:

As you can tell I like to colour coordinate everything! :biggrin:
Original post by aamirac

The colours have no structure. Boom. Hue.

Spoiler

Original post by aamirac
A's AAA(*)

Well I currently do Physics (AQA), Geography(AQA) and Government and Politics (Edexcel) for A-level :h:

Aims:
> Get A*AA in my subjects respectively

I don't have anything that I want to work towards in particular in terms of a degree, but I know I just have to try my best in getting the grades I can.

Strategies:

At the moment:
> For Physics, I've finished Quantum Phenomena and Electricity and now I'm doing Mechanics

> Geography, I've finished the Core topics of Rivers and Population and currently working on Coasts and Health

> Government and Politics, I've done Democracy, UK Constitution and Parliament. All that is left is Pressure Groups, Prime Minster and the Cabinet.

Timetable will be uploaded sometime soon!

You have my full support! I've only read your post, haven't skimmed through any others but by your geography topics I assume you're AS? I did 3/4 of your topics excluding health and obtained full UMS - so I'd be happy to help if I can. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
The colours have no structure. Boom. Hue.

Spoiler

But they do have a purpose :colondollar:

Original post by Sacred Ground
You have my full support! I've only read your post, haven't skimmed through any others but by your geography topics I assume you're AS? I did 3/4 of your topics excluding health and obtained full UMS - so I'd be happy to help if I can. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow! Well done on your grades!
Though I do find that I struggle a bit with the 15 markers, I've been getting 10's recently and I want to know how I could get better in it. How do you suggest going about discussion in a 15 mark question?
Subbing for motivation. :smile:
Reply 11
Right well, I need to use this more often to keep track of everything I do (and don't do :teehee: )

So far all I've been ploughing through mechanics questions. Especially momentum, I struggled a bit I terms of how to go about them but after many past paper questions I think I have the hang of those questions now! :biggrin:
Though now I'm on the hunt for Mechanics questions that aren't subject to one area, so it can have moments, momentum and SUVAT into one question. Ones that can challenge all areas.

In terms of politics. I'm still typing notes for Parliament, Pressure Groups and PM and the Cabinet! It's quite interesting to see how the country is actually run. Though I plan to be done with notes with my weird bullet point system and revision and start doing only past papers by the 6th of March! Because exams are only two months away! :afraid:
I've also found it very useful to have a small notebook at hand when watching the news to get upto date examples that can be applied to the essays! Especially on Unit 1 with the recent happenings regarding the EU referendum happening on the 23rd of June.

For Geography I've just been focusing on the Health further researching the different diseases and how the healthcare system differs between countries! I'd say Cuba have a more efficient system than that of the NHS! :eek:

Oh and I almost forgot! If you like to colour coordinate, I'd definitely buy these! I'm a bit obsessed with them. :rofl:

image.jpg
http://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/whsmith-ballpoint-pens-assorted-ink-pack-of-20/30109971
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by aamirac
Right well, I need to use this more often to keep track of everything I do (and don't do :teehee: )

So far all I've been ploughing through mechanics questions. Especially momentum, I struggled a bit I terms of how to go about them but after many past paper questions I think I have the hang of those questions now! :biggrin:
Though now I'm on the hunt for Mechanics questions that aren't subject to one area, so it can have moments, momentum and SUVAT into one question. Ones that can challenge all areas.

In terms of politics. I'm still typing notes for Parliament, Pressure Groups and PM and the Cabinet! It's quite interesting to see how the country is actually run. Though I plan to be done with notes with my weird bullet point system and revision and start doing only past papers by the 6th of March! Because exams are only two months away! :afraid:
I've also found it very useful to have a small notebook at hand when watching the news to get upto date examples that can be applied to the essays! Especially on Unit 1 with the recent happenings regarding the EU referendum happening on the 23rd of June.

For Geography I've just been focusing on the Health further researching the different diseases and how the healthcare system differs between countries! I'd say Cuba have a more efficient system than that of the NHS! :eek:

Colours hurt my eyes. Brb moving to Cuba.

Well done!
Reply 13
Colours hurt my eyes. Brb moving to Cuba.

Well done!

Yeah I think I should use a darker green.

Cuba has great healthcare in terms of efficiency in terms of managemt of cost and the service to the people. :yep:

Thanks! It's starting to hit me that exams are only two months away so better get cracking! :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Well, ever since my last post. I've been rather unsuccessful in terms of revision. :frown: I did manage to finish all my notes on Parliament, but other than that I haven't really had the motivation to revise.

I can sort of start (by that I mean have it in front of me, currently a physics worksheet :redface:) but I just can't seem to keep the momentum going.

(Sorry for the unsuccessful post :colondollar: )
Original post by aamirac
Well, ever since my last post. I've been rather unsuccessful in terms of revision. :frown: I did manage to finish all my notes on Parliament, but other than that I haven't really had the motivation to revise.

I can sort of start (by that I mean have it in front of me, currently a physics worksheet :redface:) but I just can't seem to keep the momentum going.

(Sorry for the unsuccessful post :colondollar: )

Don't worry. There's still plenty of time and it's important to take breaks. :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Hydeman
Don't worry. There's still plenty of time and it's important to take breaks. :smile:

Thank you :colondollar:

I know, I know, but I've found myself to just randomly space out. I'd be doing a problem or making notes and then I'd pause and just forget what I'm doing for that moment. Which is kinda weird but I've noticed they've become more recent.
All the best! :jumphug:

And don't stress yourself out too much because I'm sure you'll be fine! :yes:
Reply 18
Original post by Indeterminate
All the best! :jumphug:

And don't stress yourself out too much because I'm sure you'll be fine! :yes:

Thank you! :hugs:

I hope so :redface:
Reply 19
I have finally made a timetable! :woo:
After many days of procrastination, I got a bit fed up with not doing any work, so I made a timetable to which I HAVE to follow! They are on alternate weeks as that's how my lessons are, so it's easier to follow.
The timetable will fully be in practise next Monday starting with Week A

In other news, we are going to finish content for the first Geography paper I have! :excited: Which is quite daunting but now all I have to do is the endless past papers and revise for the Skills paper which hopefully wouldn't be too bad since we are going to collect the data ourselves on the field trip later on this month! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending