The Student Room Group

IT apprenticeships

Hi, I'm currently in college and studying ICT and business studies. I would ideally like a job/apprenticeship starting in September 2016, I've applied for the BT apprenticeship scheme, I had a reply and passed the situational strengths test. It says it may take several weeks to reply back about whether or not I have been accepted and if there is a job in a branch near me. Has anyone else applied to work for BT and if so, how long did it take for them to reply??
Original post by Megan977
Hi, I'm currently in college and studying ICT and business studies. I would ideally like a job/apprenticeship starting in September 2016, I've applied for the BT apprenticeship scheme, I had a reply and passed the situational strengths test. It says it may take several weeks to reply back about whether or not I have been accepted and if there is a job in a branch near me. Has anyone else applied to work for BT and if so, how long did it take for them to reply??

Hi Megan, I’ve applied to BT apprenticeship scheme amongst other opportunities. I’m still waiting for a reply and expect to get on around April / May.
Good luck, A BT apprenticeship is the way forward.,
i Recently had an email saying i passed the tests and that they have found a role that matches my qualities, they said they are sorting out assessment center dates and locations. I applied for the finance programme, does anyone know what to expect at the assessment center?
Reply 4
Original post by buddynewton
i Recently had an email saying i passed the tests and that they have found a role that matches my qualities, they said they are sorting out assessment center dates and locations. I applied for the finance programme, does anyone know what to expect at the assessment center?

I recieved an email today as well to say that they have found a role that matches me and that I'm waiting for a place at an assessment centre, I'd also like to know what to expect, if anyone knows/has any experience?
Personally I think that the way most companies operate in today's 'lucrative' labour market is by advertising vacancies that have never, will never exist. They gain a huge amount of personal and market data about the labour market and therefore have the upper hand when it comes to setting wages, manipulating unemployment figures and hiring the candidates who are vetted for long term employment. Therefore I am inclined to predict that if you are an anomaly and fit their precise mix of qualities then you have a small chance of getting a job offer. However the future is not with BT. It is with SMEs who will invest in your training and give you a more competitive wage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Capgemini has one of the best IT apprenticeships going

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending