The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Most social accommodation?

Hey, I'll be firming Bristol soon and want to start researching possible accommodations. I definitely want to be in a very outgoing/sociable halls and was wondering if anyone knows what ones I should be looking at? I can't really find anything online which is helping.
Hiatt Baker (catered) is known for being one of the most sociable halls in Bristol! Basically anywhere in Stoke Bishop is sociable I've heard, although just be aware of some of the stereotypes of the halls - wills and churchill are known to be for the more 'rah' types, badock quite alternative/druggy, durdham is the quiet one and hiatt baker and university hall more 'normal'. City centre accommodation is less reliable and a bit of a 'mixed bag' as people that go there tend to get put there as their back up choice because their former choices were oversubscribed. Goldney Hall in Clifton is lovely and very sociable, however the most oversubscribed hall so barely anyone that puts it down gets it. I hope this helped!!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by gcsestudent123
Hiatt Baker (catered) is known for being one of the most sociable halls in Bristol! Basically anywhere in Stoke Bishop is sociable I've heard, although just be aware of some of the stereotypes of the halls - wills and churchill are known to be for the more 'rah' types, badock quite alternative/druggy, durdham is the quiet one and hiatt baker and university hall more 'normal'. City centre accommodation is less reliable and a bit of a 'mixed bag' as people that go there tend to get put there as their back up choice because their former choices were oversubscribed. Goldney Hall in Clifton is lovely and very sociable, however the most oversubscribed hall so barely anyone that puts it down gets it. I hope this helped!!

Hey do you know anything about the other places such as Manor Hall or the other ones in Clifton ? :smile:
Original post by alisiabevan
Hey do you know anything about the other places such as Manor Hall or the other ones in Clifton ? :smile:

Hey :smile: as far as I know, Goldney is by far the most social hall in Clifton. The others tend to very much depend upon who is there in that particular year. I've heard that there can be quite a few international students in Clifton Hill House, however both Manor and Clifton Hill are lovely too and I'm sure there will always be people who you'll get along with! I hope this helps :smile:
Original post by gcsestudent123
Hey :smile: as far as I know, Goldney is by far the most social hall in Clifton. The others tend to very much depend upon who is there in that particular year. I've heard that there can be quite a few international students in Clifton Hill House, however both Manor and Clifton Hill are lovely too and I'm sure there will always be people who you'll get along with! I hope this helps :smile:

Right, sounds good :smile: thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending