The Student Room Group

Will you be honest?

How many of you in relationships flirt/text with other people?
I've certainly flirted with people while in a relationship and obviously I text people, though it falls well short of being romantic/sexual.
What's with all the relationship threads??
I text people; I'm not going to stop talking to my friends when I'm in a relationship. But I don't flirt or act in a romantic or sexual way with others, because I love him.
Reply 4
I don't get it. What's so hard about not flirting with another person while in a relationship? I can't even flirt unless I have an intent to do so, I don't accidentally flirt with others.
Original post by BatmanRH
How many of you in relationships flirt/text with other people?

??

Not me, I burned my phone as soon as I became official; no texting allowed! :smile:
Reply 6
Text other people? sure. Flirt? nah. When I am in a relationship I don't feel the urge of having to flirt with anyone else... unless it is a close friend and we both know that we are joking, of course.
Reply 7
Text other people, yes. Flirt, no. Since being with my boyfriend, I've never had an attraction for anyone else so never felt the need to flirt with anyone other than my boyfriend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I text other people as friends and occasionally flirt but only with close friends that know of me three year relationship and people I'm not attracted to and I know aren't attracted to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I have quite a big group of male friends who I spend a lot of time with because they have a lot of the same frees as me (similar subjects whereas a lot of my friends do englishy/arty subjects and I do sciences) so I'm quite close to a few of them. When I was in a relationship and I spoke to close friends of mine in what I would consider to be a non-flirty, non-sexual way, my boyfriend accused me of flirting. What I don't get is that my male friends had morals, they would never ever try to entice me to cheat, not that I would anyway because I think cheaters are the scum of the earth, but I just got quite angry that I was expected to not text my good friends as much because they were seen as a threat to my then boyfriend

I would never ever intentionally flirtily text someone whilst I was in a relationship because the guilt would probably eat away at me inside and I would be fuming if anyone did that to me.
Original post by georgiaswift
I text people; I'm not going to stop talking to my friends when I'm in a relationship. But I don't flirt or act in a romantic or sexual way with others, because I love him.

famous last words :biggrin:
I don't even flirt when I'm not in a relationship, let alone when I'm in one.
Original post by Blondie987
What's with all the relationship threads??

I don't understand the recent inundation either.:s-smilie::h:
I have done neither of those things while in my relationship, I have 0 urge or want to do those things.

(assuming of course by text you mean in a sexual or flirtatious way, I of course still speak to other people)
Original post by Banana00
I don't understand the recent inundation either.:s-smilie::h:

It's the Valentine's curse!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending