The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Nursing northumbria march 2017 entry

Just thought I'd start this thread for anyone going to do nursing at Northumbria in March 2017. Does anybody know how the holidays work are they the same as september intake? And what happens with accommodation?

Scroll to see replies

Hey there... I'm a march intake at Northumbria... Hols are slightly different, but they usually overlap... For example, I finish placement 28/2/16, then have an assessment week, and 2 weeks hol... Back to uni on 21/3/16, long weekend off over Easter, but no more proper Hols until August... Off for 4 weeks in August, then assessment week is the 1st week in September... Then 2 weeks off for Xmas and back in 2/1/17... The most difficult part is that you usually start placement right after holidays, which can be a bit more awkward...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Hey how does this compare to September intake? Do you know if the holidays are set? I have an offer there and think it'll be my firm!
Original post by iamthebananalady
Hey there... I'm a march intake at Northumbria... Hols are slightly different, but they usually overlap... For example, I finish placement 28/2/16, then have an assessment week, and 2 weeks hol... Back to uni on 21/3/16, long weekend off over Easter, but no more proper Hols until August... Off for 4 weeks in August, then assessment week is the 1st week in September... Then 2 weeks off for Xmas and back in 2/1/17... The most difficult part is that you usually start placement right after holidays, which can be a bit more awkward...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hann67
Hey how does this compare to September intake? Do you know if the holidays are set? I have an offer there and think it'll be my firm!

Holidays are set yes... I had a holiday booked before I even applied for the course and I couldn't get the time off - it's just had to go down as unauthorised absence... It's a great uni, great area and great course... The staff are really supportive and will do anything they can to help :smile: go for it!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Do we have to be on placement over Christmas and new year at all do you know? I don't mind really, just wondered :smile: thanks I will definetky firm, just curious if I would've got into the others
Holidays are set yes... I had a holiday booked before I even applied for the course and I couldn't get the time off - it's just had to go down as unauthorised absence... It's a great uni, great area and great course... The staff are really supportive and will do anything they can to help :smile: go for it!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hann67
Do we have to be on placement over Christmas and new year at all do you know? I don't mind really, just wondered :smile: thanks I will definetky firm, just curious if I would've got into the others

No, we get 2 weeks off... This year I went back into uni on 4/1/16 for exam week, then started placement 11/1/16... Next year I'm straight back to placement on 2/1/17... So no drinking on New Year's Day!! If you have any questions feel free to ask as I'm about to start final year... I also did my previous degree at Newcastle uni, so if you're not from the area and have general questions that's fine too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Sorry I meant how are the holidays for September intake? Il be starting mental health nursing September 2016 X
No, we get 2 weeks off... This year I went back into uni on 4/1/16 for exam week, then started placement 11/1/16... Next year I'm straight back to placement on 2/1/17... So no drinking on New Year's Day!! If you have any questions feel free to ask as I'm about to start final year... I also did my previous degree at Newcastle uni, so if you're not from the area and have general questions that's fine too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hann67
Sorry I meant how are the holidays for September intake? Il be starting mental health nursing September 2016 X

I think September intakes get their Spring holidays slightly later, and their summer holidays slightly earlier - so it's more like school?? I'm not entirely sure...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I have an offer for adult nursing in March 2017. I was wondering when to apply for accommodation and will I get the leftover accommodation that nobody really wanted? haha! Also, I've heard that those who start in March are usually more mature students, is this true as I'm only 18
When I start adult nursing in March I be 18 too I know someone that started in March and she Said there normally our age and yes I was wondering about accommodation too , and does anyone know what accommodation they would recommend
Thank you
Could I ask what accommodation you would recommend and is it true there are more mature students that start I march ?
And how did you find it starting later did you still get to mix with other student from other courses
Thank you :smile:
There is a Facebook page for anyone that's interested
I got my offer for Northumbria adult nursing I applied for March entry but my offer says sept I am worried as I am due my baby sept that's why I picked March can anybody help x
Reply 13
Original post by Melanie1988
I got my offer for Northumbria adult nursing I applied for March entry but my offer says sept I am worried as I am due my baby sept that's why I picked March can anybody help x

Ring the university for sure!! Not sure if they'll change you but it's worth a try if they made the mistake xx
Raining tomorrow and hoping for the best but not holding my breath x
Hi guys I'm new here :smile: I've been offered a place for March 17 too!
Reply 16
Hi just ring them and let them know my friend was given sept 2015 but she was due her baby August 15 and they've give her sept 2016 they are pretty flexible
Hi I'm starting in March 17 for mh nursing :smile:. Is anyone else interested in moving into accommodation or shared housing?
Original post by JenOfCasterly
Hi guys I'm new here :smile: I've been offered a place for March 17 too!

What field are you for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying for MNurs Child Nursing for March 17, anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending