The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For a majority of people I suspect it would.
Whether or not it is, you definitely shouldn't do it in a monogamous relationship, just try justifying it to yourself. Pretend you're speaking to a partner who caught you, "It was only phone sex, I didn't cheat". Does that sound like a good enough excuse?
Yes
No, as it is not an actual sexual act.
People should just learn to grow up
Reply 5
I'd say cheating can be defined as breaking the agreed terms of your relationship. (ie not simply physical)

So it depends on the couple tbh, but as a form of intimacy then, yes, I would.
Yes. If you're in a relationship and it's assumed you're both exclusive to one another.
Yes because you're soliciting things sexual in nature from another person.
That is true. Sometimes people do overreact... But beware, there is a possibility that sexting will have the 'ting' removed and it'll just end up with sex and that is cheating... Which isn't good

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, it is mild flirtation.
If you're not having physical sex then it is not cheating
Well if you have to ask...
Original post by DiddyDec
No, it is mild flirtation.

I am indeed enjoying this flirtation session
It depends on the individual person's idea of cheating, i.e. if they class cheating as doing an intimate physical act with someone else then I suppose it wouldn't exactly be cheating but if they are doing it whilst in a monogamous relationship I would say that's cheating.
Original post by Blue_Mason
I am indeed enjoying this flirtation session

Oh goody...
Objectively I would say no.

But I do think it walks the line, I wouldn't do it in a relationship (or at all tbf) and I would expect that my partner wouldn't do it either.
it's not "cheating" as such...
but it's "wtf are you doing m8"

edit: it's classed as an intimate act, so yeah I'd say it's cheating: Emotional cheating invovles forming a close bond with someone of your preferred gender and basically forming a second relationship
In an exclusive relationship, I'd say so yes.
Obv
yes...

Latest

Trending

Trending