The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Changing course

I received a conditional offer from the University of Manchester to study Law with Criminology (LLB) 2 months ago, however after much thought I wish I had chosen to study Law with Politics instead. I'm going to ring/email the University asking them if I could possibly change as the entry requirements are the same.

If I get rejected will I keep my original offer for Law with Criminology? Also is it even likely I will be able to change the course I have received an offer for? I'm scared :frown:(
Original post by hollie857
I received a conditional offer from the University of Manchester to study Law with Criminology (LLB) 2 months ago, however after much thought I wish I had chosen to study Law with Politics instead. I'm going to ring/email the University asking them if I could possibly change as the entry requirements are the same.

If I get rejected will I keep my original offer for Law with Criminology? Also is it even likely I will be able to change the course I have received an offer for? I'm scared :frown:(

They won't withdraw your current offer, they'll just tell you it's not possible to change! However I'd say the chances of them saying yes are surely fairly decent as it's not a drastic change :smile: I was allowed to completely change my degree at Liverpool!

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by hollie857

I'd be surprised if this presented an enormous problem - both courses are run by the same department and have the same entry requirements. However, be prepared to justify why you want to switch!

If it's not possible to change, then you will keep your original offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest