The Student Room Group

Is anyone watching How racist is Britain on BBC3?

Really interesting.

Scroll to see replies

Britain is a very racist country
Original post by Blue_Mason
Britain is a very racist country

You haven't travelled much have you?
Original post by Longshot700
Really interesting.

I think what most people fail to understand is that wearing a veil is actually quite scary and intimidating.
When you try and scare someone, the automatic response from any human being is aggression.
Thats why you see less women getting abuse when they're wearing the hijab.
Original post by Zenarthra
I think what most people fail to understand is that wearing a veil is actually quite scary and intimidating.
When you try and scare someone, the automatic response from any human being is aggression.
Thats why you see less women getting abuse when they're wearing the hijab.

You're scared of women in veils?

:laugh:
Reply 5
Original post by Wilfred Little

It is scary 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abbie3M
It is scary 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is it? What exactly are you scared of?
Original post by Wilfred Little

I won't lie, alittle.
You can't tell their facial expressions, so you don't know how to approach.
its a natural human reaction to respond to fear with aggression.
Reply 8
Always that one racist pleb.
Reply 9
The guy I quoted.
Reply 10
should have*
Yeah, I know but these are the same tramps that smell of p*ss, weed and booze that were racist years ago.

Soon as they see a brown person, they judge them off the bat and automatically assume they're Muslim.

They use the same outdated racial hate tactics then say "Islam isn't a race" as a cover.
No, is it good? Sell me.
Original post by lustawny
No, is it good? Sell me.

Nah, don't think I'd get much for you.
Original post by SophieSmall
Nah, don't think I'd get much for you.

Hilarious.
Hilarious.

I think so.
We all know Islam isn't actually a race but it really doesn't make a difference. It's still the same thing in principle. Islam is an ethnic religion and people still see Islam as if it is a race even if they know it's a religion and people treat it as so. Also there is a lot of overlap as the majority of Muslim people are middle eastern, North African or Asian so islamophobia and prejudice against Asians and Arabs are very interconnected and occur simultaneously.

Saying Islam is a religion not a race doesn't suddenly make you not racist. Being racist isn't just about what it technically means but about how you see and treat different ethnic/racial/religious groups of people.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
We all know Islam isn't actually a race but it really doesn't make a difference. It's still the same thing in principle. Islam is an ethnic religion and people still see Islam as if it is a race even if they know it's a religion and people treat it as so. Also there is a lot of overlap as the majority of Muslim people are middle eastern, North African or Asian so islamophobia and prejudice against Asians and Arabs are very interconnected and occur simultaneously.

Saying Islam is a religion not a race doesn't suddenly make you not racist. Being racist isn't just about what it technically means but about how you see and treat different ethnic/racial/religious groups of people.

Alright, Ben Affleck. In semantic terms (in other words, factual), Islam is classed as a religion and not a race.
Alright, Ben Affleck. In semantic terms (in other words, factual), Islam is classed as a religion and not a race.

Yes I know that's what I just said. But what I'm saying is that the technical definitions don't mean anything in regards to this.
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Yes I know that's what I just said. But what I'm saying is that the technical definitions don't mean anything in regards to this.

Why?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending