The Student Room Group

A Levels. I'm struggling massively. Advice needed

Resolved
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi Usi,

Firstly I would like to say congratulations on the big success in your GCSE's and your hard working effort! I'm not that bright of a student you are (My other school was completely terrible and came out with average GCSE grades which is pathetic) but I can still help because I come from an amazing school (a new one I moved to) that is amazing at teaching! I'm studying Psychology and my Psychology teacher who has been an examiner for a couple of years now along with teaching us and others has said for science subjects its best to make revision grids! Make a table on Microsoft and summaries all your notes with A01 and A03 points of however Biology is laid out! For Maths, remember all important formulas off by heart keep repeating it over and over again until you know you've got it. A friend of mine who is taking Maths says its extremely easy once you learn all the formulas off by heart and the way its solved (Taking her comment and advice to share with you as it may help, hopefully?) Economics I can't help you with that as I don't have much information but I also know that mindmaps are amazing for Biology. Make a quick mindmap and redo that mind map over and over again until all the information is stuck with you so you can later recall the information off by heart! Its time consuming but worth it. It does't have to be neat, just do it on a scrap piece of paper until you know you've learnt it all!

I really hope this helped you, though I'm not that amazing at getting advice! I wish you the best of luck but I know you can do it!! You seem bright and will be successful don't keep thinking negative because all this anxiety will then pressure you into performing badly because you're giving yourself that mentality that you might fail or you're doing badly! Just push yourself and I promise you, you'll do amazing!

Sorry for the long paragraph :colondollar:
Original post by usi227
Thanks so much for the advice! I often feel like I'm the only one struggling but everybody finds it tough at some point- its all about pushing through. Thanks for the comment, its given me hope!
All the best,

A Levels are tough and I'm finding it hard to make time for revision and other stuff so I'm on the verge of stressing out and going insane :h: I'm glad my comment helped you and gave you hope :smile: I'll be happy to help if you have any other concerns.
Reply 3
Hi, don't worry about that, there are so many options. If you want to go to uni but aren't so sure about how well you'll do at the end of A2, consider a foundation year. Most universities offer it.

Quick Reply

Latest