The Student Room Group

Best Birthday card received?

It it my birthday on Wednesday and I am already getting cards. Just wondering if other people have got any really great or different cards and what they meant to you? :biggrin:
A few of my friends at school were insanely good artists so I always got homemade cards which were gorgeous and sentimental :h:
I got a text.
It's not a birthday card, but I remember seeing this card in a shop once and thinking it was hilarious :biggrin:

Happy Birthday in advance, also :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't celebrate my birthday but for valentines an ex made a card which was full of lyrics and such that were relevant to us and mailed it to me at uni. When I opened the envelope an enormous amount of glitter fell out (I was still finding it 6 months later) and lots of little bits of card with things like gorgeous, wonderful and such written on them. I was born a curmudgeon and I'll die one but that was lovely.
My brother got me this a couple of years ago.
I got one where a song played when you opened it when I was a kid. I remember my dad getting annoyed with it cause I kept opening/closing it :biggrin:
It was a combined xmas/bday card because my birthday's in December and close to xmas.

The time had passed so I honestly didn't expect a card. The person had mentioned they'd send one but had forgotten and apologised. Then a few weeks ago in mid-late Jan, I was cleaning my room and happened upon a square envelope beneath a pile of clothes on my floordrobe. I stared at it suspiciously. I hadn't recalled seeing it before so wondered if it was something I'd gotten awhile back that was resealed. I opened the envelope and it was a card from the friend who'd felt guilty for not sending one.

I took a photo and showed it to him on whatsapp and he owned up. I was incredibly touched :biggrin:.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
It's your birthday, I don't give a...

Spoiler

Reply 9
ngl

Reply 10
Original post by mkap
ngl

:rofl:
Reply 11

i miss my bestie now haha :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by mkap
i miss my bestie now haha :frown:

:frown: what hapned?
Reply 13
Original post by Kyx
:frown: what hapned?

were at different unis and shes so busy now as shes studying medicine. i miss the college days lol
Reply 14
Original post by mkap
were at different unis and shes so busy now as shes studying medicine. i miss the college days lol

lol

Quick Reply

Latest