The Student Room Group

eligibility for home fees

i have apparently applied for university and one of them regarded me as an overseas student. my mother is a citizen of UK and I joined her in 2014 with indefinite to stay in England thus I have spent two years in the country. what am I supposed to do about this situation. thank you.
Original post by divinah
i have apparently applied for university and one of them regarded me as an overseas student. my mother is a citizen of UK and I joined her in 2014 with indefinite to stay in England thus I have spent two years in the country. what am I supposed to do about this situation. thank you.

Your eligibility is to do with residence, not citizenship, and requires you to be resident in the UK for 3 years before going to university. Wait another year before applying.
Or pay lots of money.
Reply 3
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Your eligibility is to do with residence, not citizenship, and requires you to be resident in the UK for 3 years before going to university. Wait another year before applying.

thank you. is It possible for the university that has offered me a place to retain it until next year?
Original post by divinah
thank you. is It possible for the university that has offered me a place to retain it until next year?

You can ask them if they will defer the place, but they will defer it as an international place, I would think, so you might be better off applying again. TBH, with this, you are better off being honest and talking to them directly and asking their advice.
Hi

Please speak with the university to advise on deferring.
To apply as a UK student, you will be required to have 3 years residency in the UK.

Thanks

Quick Reply