The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Woo, we can all work on farms. What a life.
Reply 2
Clearly someone missed a history lesson at school
Original post by sw651
Clearly someone missed a history lesson at school

As much as I despise Communism, the real kind (that was shown in the OP), it must be said that the failings of the Soviet Union were not a reflection on Communism but the Soviet system itself. If I got fired and lost my job, would you see that as a failing of white people as a whole, or just myself?
They only have farmland because they extorted it out of the government. No private businesses will invest in the village due to it's dubious interpretation of what does and doesn't constitutes theft. They have no money for capital expenditure. Everyone is stuck earning £11k a year doing menial labour with no dreams or aspirations for anything better.
Reply 5
Basic groceries such as oil, rice and beans were loaded into carts, wheeled from the store and taken to a local food bank to help the poor, as helpless cashiers looked on, some crying.

In an interview after the event, Gordillo, the democratically elected mayor since 1979, said it was not theft, but a non-violent act of disobedience.
“There are many families who can’t afford to eat,” he argued. “In the 21st century this is an absolute disgrace. Food is a right, not something with which you speculate.”

In this province alone there are 690,000 empty properties due to bank foreclosures. But not in Marinaleda, because Gordillo has a solution: anyone who wants to build their own house can do so for free. Materials and qualified workmen are provided by the town hall, and the generous allowance of 192 square meters means the homes are spacious. Families then pay just 15 euros ($19) per month for the rest of their lives, with the agreement that the house cannot be sold for private gain.

So just to confirm.. the mayor steals from the other firms providing employment for the citizens and then holds a permanent lease on property so that if one ever gets offered a job in Madrid they have no money with which to buy a property there.

And that's good..

I do have sympathy for full employment arguments (i would conscript the long term unemployed) and i'm even not opposed to co-operatives (as somebody who believes in markets i'm open to a variety of ownership structures - if a co-operative can make a profit then good for them) but stealing and preventing home ownership are not things i can support and nor would i want to be stuck on a farm forever.
No, thanks. A society without incentive is not a society I want to live in.
Original post by Aceadria
No, thanks. A society without incentive is not a society I want to live in.

I'm as far from a commie as it gets, but money isn't the only incentive. I pity those who can't see that.
Original post by Lime-man
I'm as far from a commie as it gets, but money isn't the only incentive. I pity those who can't see that.

Never said it was.
But it apparently can't spell. :rolleyes:
Original post by Lime-man
As much as I despise Communism, the real kind (that was shown in the OP), it must be said that the failings of the Soviet Union were not a reflection on Communism but the Soviet system itself. If I got fired and lost my job, would you see that as a failing of white people as a whole, or just myself?

so- how many more milions of people have to be starved to death, worked to death in work camps or simply shot in back of their head till people understand that Communism is against the human nature and that, despite its imperfections, capitalism is a much better system?

Quick Reply

Latest