The Student Room Group

Beyonce Homage to Black Panthers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Delilah234
They got angry and some reacted in violent ways. Not all. It is understandable, they are humans with human emotions. However, I refuse to let you keep tarnishing the black panthers with the violent actions of a few of their members. The black panthers' core ideology was to challenge police brutality in Oakland. It is childish to think that they could have succeeded without any threat of violence. Different times. Now, in this century, it is completely reasonable to think that you could achieve a statement of that sort without violence. The jihadis do not in any way have the same argument for their actions. They oppose Western views and interference and God knows what else their agendas are. Don't compare the black panthers and the jihadis, two completely different causes.

I have a very strong feeling OP is white. White folk never remove their earplugs or their blindfolds.
Reply 101
Original post by Aerion Targaryen
Black males are more likely to be shot by cops because they commit more crime in America. That is just a fact. Sure you can argue racism is to blame too. But then the leftist view of racism is thrown out the door when you see cops of all races shooting Black men...

Is it our fault Black American males like to be gangsters? :colonhash:

Is it our fault that you're an idiot? :colonhash:
There's so much racist undertones in this thread. :s-smilie:
Original post by walking in glass
Beyonce is a racist, talentless ugly swine.

What's new?

No she's not, Beyonce was paying homage to the Black Panthers because they helped African Americans get equality too, we're still struggling but she's not afraid to say I'm black and proud and it's time to fight back maybe not in the same way as they did back then but whatever beyonce sings rap or say is heard around the world. This song and homage was for us black people to be proud of who we are, it was not aimed for no white folks to take the mick.
Original post by Ladymusiclover

They've honeslty made me stoop to very low levels im the last person to be engaging in some "my race is better than yours nananana" bullsh!t but faking hell.
Reply 105
Original post by Ladymusiclover

OP was clearly looking to start some sh*t when he/she/it made this thread. 😒
Original post by Zimz

If I were, you are the one providing it...

Original post by Zimz
I have a very strong feeling OP is white. White folk never remove their earplugs or their blindfolds.

Original post by Zimz
Is it our fault that you're an idiot? :colonhash:

Original post by Zimz
Swear down white people kill me with their bullsh*t sometimes. *facepalm* the stupidity...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zimz

:teehee: lol.
interesting....input
Original post by Zimz
Swear down white people kill me with their bullsh*t sometimes. *facepalm* the stupidity...

So, you're suggesting that stupidity is associated with race? Or only one race, e.g. white?
Reply 111
Original post by Aceadria
So, you're suggesting that stupidity is associated with race? Or only one race, e.g. white?

That's what you got from my post? Lol bye.
Original post by Zimz
That's what you got from my post? Lol bye.

Again, answer the question. If you're going to make bigoted comments, such as:

Original post by Zimz

stick with it. If this was said about another race, it would be considered racist. Don't backtrack now that you're being called out to justify it.
The Black Lives Matter movement is based on a fallacy - that blacks are disproportionately effected by killings by law enforcement. This is simply nonsense. The number of whites killed in 2015 and 2016 so far is 547, as opposed to only 280 blacks, despite that blacks committed 52.5% of homicides between 1980 and 2008. So, despite the fact that blacks are 7.64 times as likely to commit homicide, they are 0.5 times as likely to be killed by law enforcement.

Sources:
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf - Bureau of Justice Statistics report on homicide trends in the US, 1980-2008
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings/
Reply 114
Again, answer the question. If you're going to make bigoted comments, such as:

stick with it. If this was said about another race, it would be considered racist. Don't backtrack now that you're being called out to justify it.

I stick with what I said. But no, I'm not going to answer your question. Because it is a very stupid question.
Original post by Zimz
I stick with what I said. But no, I'm not going to answer your question. Because it is a very stupid question.

Racist.
Reply 116
Racist.

*eyeroll*
Reply 117
Original post by george-90
The Black Lives Matter movement is based on a fallacy - that blacks are disproportionately effected by killings by law enforcement. This is simply nonsense. The number of whites killed in 2015 and 2016 so far is 547, as opposed to only 280 blacks, despite that blacks committed 52.5% of homicides between 1980 and 2008. So, despite the fact that blacks are 7.64 times as likely to commit homicide, they are 0.5 times as likely to be killed by law enforcement.

Sources:
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf - Bureau of Justice Statistics report on homicide trends in the US, 1980-2008
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings/

It's not about numbers, dufus. It's about WHY they were killed. A lot of unnecessary force is being used on them as opposed to their white counterparts. Good to know you're justifying being killed over a traffic stop. :colone:
Original post by Aj12
I was fairly disturbed by that too. It is odd to conflate the Black Lives Matter campaign with something like the Black Panthers in the way she did as well.

Look closer at what BLM is saying; basically that crime should be legal if you are black, at least unless your victim is also black (Michael Brown's victim was Chinese and so didn't count). They are both supremacist movements, legal equality already having been achieved in the US.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Drummerz
This is a stupid comparison honestly, you're going to compare that to slavery+Jim crowa and the black codes? all of which were implemented to ensure the second class status of black people in america. I honestly despise statements like "get over it" like it was no big deal, the slavery of your ancestors had nothing to do with the colour of their skin.

Ive never really understood of being upset at things that happened to your ancestors 200 years ago. I'd have a lot of Irish family that far back and Ireland was treated terribly by Britain so should I feel resentment? I also have ancestors who would likely have been slaves in the Caribbean but again it doesn't make bitter.

Original post by chosenone93
What was my response about asians?? My goodness you are either trolling or the most obtuse person ever, you are all over the place.

I pointed out that it shouldn't be surprising that the race with the most brutal history in america are the ones committing the most crime .
Its as if i said "its pay back time for the years of rape and slavery of black americans they should all kill and steal muwhahahahaha" now that would be sympathizing with criminals but all i did was state the correlation between history and the way some parts of that community have turned out.

Sorry not Asians it was about 'third work immigrants' which could easily include Asians.

No if you'd said that then you'd be supporting criminality, which is different to sympathising. You were attempting to give justification by saying that whites would be the same if the roles were reversed and that it's a natural reaction to being denied good jobs.

I've seen its been pointed out later but, despite what some people seem to think, African Americans don't have a monopoly on poor treatment. The natives were virtually wiped out so its they who were the most brutally treated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending